PDA

View Full Version : magazine "selective aggression" article

tinhat
04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't know how many others read 2+2 internet magazine but the current issue has a great distillation of use and misuse of aggression. Sometimes I come out with both guns blazing when the more profitable play(s) is something other than betting/raising. You can find all the material in sshe but it's nice to see them listed one after another for comparing different situations.

Maybe you guys already talked about it but if not:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/anderson0405.html

GrunchCan
04-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Our very own shadow29 wrote that. There was a long thread about that in micros, if I remember correctly.

deception5
04-22-2005, 01:06 PM
I think it's a great article, but in the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif example (on an 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif board) I disagree with the number of outs - he estimates 5 outs for the remaining 4's and 5's but I think it should be 3-4 tops. I also disagree with discounting the gutshot a full out because of the possibility of someone having a T9 (but maybe I give myself too many outs here) - I would think it's about 3.5 outs for that. With bdfd I come to about 7-8 outs. I still raise here though.