PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Interesting 5th Str.....Chap1...

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
It was 3-way action on 5th in this .25/.50 Micro-Limit game.

P3: (X,X) Jh 3c As
Bull (2s 4s) 3s 5s Ad --P6 bets,P3 folds. How would U play?? Hmmm /images/graemlins/frown.gif
P6 (X,X) 9s 9d 9c
Hmmm*********

******HAND HISTORY*****
3RD Str.
P1: (X,X) 8c FOLDS
P2: (X,X)8h FOLDS
P3: (X,X) Jh CALLS
BULL (2s 4s) 3s BRINGS IN
P5 (X,X) 8s CALLS
P6 (X,X) 9s CALLS
P7 (X,X) Kh FOLDS

4th Str.
P3: (X,X) Jh 3c CALLS
BULL: (2s 4s) 3s 5s (How would U play?) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
P5: (X,X) 8s 2h
P6: (X,X) 9s 9d bets the MIN.
to be continued......Chap.2

BeerMoney
04-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Call, you've got an out if he fills.

Andy B
04-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Yes. Always have an out.

I would probably raise with my monster draw on fourth, but I've always been a loose cannon. I think fifth is a fold, though. There is an excellent chance that Bull is beaten already. If not, the other guy has two more shots to fill. Larry does have one out which stands to make him a lot of money, but apart from that, he can never feel comfortable with his straight or a flush. It just isn't worth three BB to call this one down, in my estimation.

PoorLawyer
04-22-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Always have an out.

I would probably raise with my monster draw on fourth, but I've always been a loose cannon. I think fifth is a fold, though. There is an excellent chance that Bull is beaten already. If not, the other guy has two more shots to fill. Larry does have one out which stands to make him a lot of money, but apart from that, he can never feel comfortable with his straight or a flush. It just isn't worth three BB to call this one down, in my estimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd toss in the extra quarters just to see if I can throw down the monster bad beat on his quads /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Probably should be a fold though. If he isn't full now there is a good chance he will be. you don't want to chase your flush, hit it, and then lose....especiallys since it is heads up and there is no more dead money coming along for the ride

CarlosChadha
04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi Bull,

4th street is a definite raise (the max), even if it was just heads up you are a favorite over every 2 pair hand he has, almost even money vs trips, and only crushed by the unlikely quads (but if you are going up against quads might as well be with this hand;-). Raising here will also get you a free card 5th or 6th if all he has is 2 pair, and might even win you the pot right there if all he has is 1 pair. Since didn't raise on 4th the pot is small on 5th, so it is a clear fold. Probably even if you did raise an he called, you would have to fold 5th, even with the bigger pot, because his 4th street call means he probably had 2 pair and now filled.

Regards,
Carlos

BBB
04-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi all, my first post here (been lurking for awhile)

It looks like a fold, but I'd hate to fold if all he has is the nines right now. His call on 3rd and his min-bet on 4th suggest that he may not have a pair in the hole. What about a raise on 5th, and fold to a reraise? It might work as long as the other guy is not overly aggressive, and if you don't have a hyperaggressive image. If he just calls, and then checks, your straight is likely best at this point.

Just calling down seems like a bad play. Unless the opponent is really passive and may start checking after you call once if all he's got is the trips.

I'd be tempted to try a raise, but it seems a fold is probably best.

Andy B
04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Bull's not chasing a flush. He has a made straight, and considering his board, it covers exactly as much ground as a flush.

PoorLawyer
04-22-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bull's not chasing a flush. He has a made straight, and considering his board, it covers exactly as much ground as a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt look at the post that closely, due in part to the odd way Mr. Bull writes everything out. You are right though, either a straight or flush is in the same boat here, literally. I guess having the made hand might tip it to calling it down and hope the other guy is a donkey with just the trips or hope for the redraw on his boat, especially given the fact that this is a .25/.5 table and the other guy could have anything

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
like it.. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I decided to continue /images/graemlins/frown.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I would have folded this hand. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
paired doorcard on 4th---coupled with the fact that he bet the MIN--scary bet--seems as if he wanted a call. Unfortunately,I completed a wheel on 5th /images/graemlins/frown.gifand was NOT strong enough to toss it aside..EVEN tho I believed that I was BEATEN /images/graemlins/confused.gif
SittingBull

SittingBull
04-22-2005, 05:49 PM
fate--I wanted a cheap showdown in case he had or connects with a boat. BTW,many players WILL play back at U --even if they did NOT fill on 5th.. The reason is that they still have a good chance of filling at a later Str. Raising on 5th is too "expensive" and too dangerous.
SittingBull

CarlosChadha
04-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi Bull,

Even if you were positive that the open 9s had trips, you should raise because you want to extract money from the 3rd player there who probably only has split Js. You have 46% equity in the pot, and the trip 9s have 47% equity, while the Js only have only 7%. This is very similar to stud hi/low when someone has a near lock for high and someone else has a near lock for low and they jam to extra money from the man in the middle. If I was positive that the 9s had trips, I'd only raise the minimum so that if the 9s raise the max behind you it will only be 1.5 big bets to the Js, which he will hopefully call. But since there is a great chance that he doesn't have trips, I would raise the max to take control of the hand.

Regards,
Carlos