PDA

View Full Version : so i got back from the supermarket a few minutes ago........

sublime
04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
old people are to supermarkets as young kids are to malls.

seriosly, they like hang out there. i mean WTF, i am trying to get down an aisle to buy some jelly, and this geezer is like studying the different varietys of jelly. i cant get by her, because an employee is doing some stocking. i mean, really, she knows she is gonna buy the same fcking jelly she has bought for the past 30 years, so why the delay? is it exciting to flirt with the strawberry jam?

EVERYWHERE....gray hair!!!!!!!!!

kerssens
04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes!! I thought I was alone in my fight against old people.

kerssens
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
My experience a couple weeks ago (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2038375&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
There was a grocery near my old house that was awesome. They had the best selection. The store was always clean. The employees were courteous. Prices were comparable to others. But the reason I rarely went was this exact reason.

First, the parking lot scared the [censored] out of me. It was always full of these tiny little old women circling like buzzards in their gimungous cadillacs and lincolns waiting for the the spot to open up that was two spaces closer than the one they passed up.

Then it always took forever to get in and out of the damn place. Between the biddies parking their baskets in the middle of the aisle while they wandered off in some alzheimers-induced daze and the conversations they had about their grandchildren with the checkout girls (the checkout girls seemed to somehow look like every single old ladies granddaughter) a sixer of beer would take 2 hours to get home with.

Pocket Trips
04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
old people are to supermarkets as young kids are to malls.

seriosly, they like hang out there. i mean WTF, i am trying to get down an aisle to buy some jelly, and this geezer is like studying the different varietys of jelly. i cant get by her, because an employee is doing some stocking. i mean, really, she knows she is gonna buy the same fcking jelly she has bought for the past 30 years, so why the delay? is it exciting to flirt with the strawberry jam?

EVERYWHERE....gray hair!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Old people are nothing but damn life hogs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
yep-

everything is right on in that post. i DREAD going food shopping. i am telling you they are ALWAYS there. its like a social gathering for them.

kerssens
04-22-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yep-

everything is right on in that post. i DREAD going food shopping. i am telling you they are ALWAYS there. its like a social gathering for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever been at a mall right before the stores open?

kerssens
04-22-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Between the biddies parking their baskets in the middle of the aisle while they wandered off in some alzheimers-induced daze

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice

tbach24
04-22-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a grocery near my old house that was awesome. They had the best selection. The store was always clean. The employees were courteous. Prices were comparable to others. But the reason I rarely went was this exact reason.

First, the parking lot scared the [censored] out of me. It was always full of these tiny little old women circling like buzzards in their gimungous cadillacs and lincolns waiting for the the spot to open up that was two spaces closer than the one they passed up.

Then it always took forever to get in and out of the damn place. Between the biddies parking their baskets in the middle of the aisle while they wandered off in some alzheimers-induced daze and the conversations they had about their grandchildren with the checkout girls (the checkout girls seemed to somehow look like every single old ladies granddaughter) a sixer of beer would take 2 hours to get home with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, when I was in FLA there were 2 supermarkets (both Publix) within 5 minutes of each other. One always seemed to have only old people and the other always seemed to have a mix. Luckily, the one with a mix sold Krispy Kreme's so we were good to go.

Edit- this is what you get for living in FLA

sublime
04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
You ever been at a mall right before the stores open?

no, but i can imagine. i have the same problem with the mall. little fcuks everywhere who dont have any fcking money. when i was there age i was out trying to make a buck. well, at leats there are chicks at the mall. well, supermarket also but i am usually stressed to the max by the time i enter the joint.

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit- this is what you get for living in FLA

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the store I was talking about was in St. Louis, but it's still a good point.

jaxUp
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes!! I thought I was alone in my fight against old people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take comfort in the fact that they will die soon.

meep_42
04-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Do you grocery shopping after 4pm on a weekday. They all go to Denny's for the early bird then.

-d

slickpoppa
04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I worked at a Supermarket for a couple of years in high school and the old people were cancerous. They go everyday and buy like two things just because they have nothing better to do. And they always pay with fvcking checks.

The best way to avoid them is to go at the right time. Around 4pm is the best. The store will be more crowded then, but the old people will be replaced with MILFS.

Jazza
04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
seriously dude, can we paper-rock-scissors for the rights to the zoolander avatar?

slickpoppa
04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
there can be multiple zoolander avatars as long as they are different

Jazza
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
fine /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously dude, can we paper-rock-scissors for the rights to the zoolander avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are obviously completely different. Yours is Blue steel. His is Magnum.

slickpoppa
04-22-2005, 01:06 PM
don't worry, i usually change my avatar every 1-2 weeks

Los Feliz Slim
04-22-2005, 01:09 PM
A couple of years ago I was in a supermarket in LA (Ralph's FreshFare at Beverly and Doheny) and I broke up a fight between two old men. It seems that one of them was being greedy and helping himself to too many of the free cheese squares on a platter near the deli area, and the other took offense. I physically separated and scolded them. Later, as I was checking out, one of them was in line ahead of me. The other came flying out of one of the aisles and tried to fight again, and AGAIN I had to get between them. They were both at least 70.

Dangerous, man.

swede123
04-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Haha, this is the thread of the day, I laughed out loud at least three times browsing through this. Seriously guys, old people are worth it just because of the screwed up things they do that give the rest of us funny things to talk about.

Swede

touchfaith
04-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Many of you would be speaking German right now if it were not for those "old people".

astroglide
04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many of you would be speaking German right now if it were not for those "old people"

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a [censored] episode of maury povich?

YOUR MOMMA TOOK CARE OF YOU SO YOU GIVE HER THE RESPECT SHE DESERVES [clap clap]

kerssens
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many of you would be speaking German right now if it were not for those "old people".

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandpa was a cook in WWII. He put laxatives in the German POW's food.

kerssens
04-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Thats a funny story. I especially like how you scolded them.

Peter
04-22-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Between the biddies parking their baskets in the middle of the aisle while they wandered off in some alzheimers-induced daze

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time put their basket in a different aisle when they're wandering off and watch what happens. The alzheimer induced daze is gone quickly, instead you'll see fear because they realise they just had an alzheimer induced daze /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Peter

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time put their basket in a different aisle when they're wandering off and watch what happens. The alzheimer induced daze is gone quickly, instead you'll see fear because they realise they just had an alzheimer induced daze /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I may try that. Or else just add a bunch of stuff to their basket. Like a 12 bottles of booze or something.

slickpoppa
04-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Put in a cucumber, vaseline, and a box of condoms

JTrout
04-22-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i was there age i was out trying to make a buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

....selling heroin/coke/crystal.

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Put in a cucumber, vaseline, and a box of condoms

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of my grandmother's wedding day. We'd all just gotten back to her house after the reception. I go out to the garage with my aunt's boyfriend (Grandma keeps the beer out there). We open the refrigerator and there's this 2 gallon plastic jug of olive oil and it's wrapped in plastic shrink wrap. I'm like WTF? Frank says, "Grandma and Ray (her new hubby) will be breaking that out later tonite." /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kerssens
04-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I imagine that many people had similar expressions after reading this. It probably went something like this /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sporky
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

YOUR MOMMA TOOK CARE OF YOU SO YOU GIVE HER THE RESPECT SHE DESERVES [clap clap]

[/ QUOTE ]

treat your mother right (http://www.ifilm.com/WMPPlaylist.asx?ifilmId=2667017&bandwidth=300)

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
If you go shopping late at night, you won't have a problem.

Old people don't go out after dark.

(Unless it's still dark when they get up at 4:30)

mjohnson406
04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they need to be isolated and studied to see what useful nutrients can be obtained from them

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they need to be isolated and studied to see what useful nutrients can be obtained from them

[/ QUOTE ]

Send them to the carousel for renewal.

Stupendous_Man
04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Try living in FL! Grocery stores and the banks, as both give out free coffee and doughnuts. In high school and college, we called them "Q-tips", as all you would see in cars was their silver/gray hair. Looked like a Q-tip driving the car! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Where in FL are you?

[ QUOTE ]
Try living in FL! Grocery stores and the banks, as both give out free coffee and doughnuts. In high school and college, we called them "Q-tips", as all you would see in cars was their silver/gray hair. Looked like a Q-tip driving the car! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupendous_Man
04-22-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you go shopping late at night, you won't have a problem.

Old people don't go out after dark.

(Unless it's still dark when they get up at 4:30)

[/ QUOTE ]

Late at night? In FL, the Q-tips ate dinner at like 4:00-4:30 (love their "early bird" specials) and were in bed by 6:30-7:00.

Stupendous_Man
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where in FL are you?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No longer there, but I lived in Daytona Beach for a number of years (high school, college, and beginning of my career).

slickpoppa
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop reading that Ross Perot pamphlet