PDA

View Full Version : Baseball is so cool, but giving me problems

tbach24
04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I have fallen out of the habit of doing hw, paying attention in class, and doing anythign constructive. This is because all I think about all day is baseball. It's the greatest sport ever. Yesterday at pottery, while talking, I couldn't get my mind off of what a nasty outing John Patterson was having (I left after seeing him through 6). It's amazing, I can't think of anything else. When not on the internet doing research, I'm playign MVP baseball. Wow. I now use 1 to 2 of my class periods with a teacher that finds it interesting about how I work doing fantasy baseball and other baseball stuff.

The big problem is that I'm probably not smart enough to do this professinaly (i.e major league ballclub management), so what the hell should I do? Paying attention is way too hard when I have to think about whether I should bench Sheets becuase he's sick.

pshreck
04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I imagine one of the reasons that you are in your special school is to learn some self control. So... make a stronger effort, tons of us love sports and video games and drinking.... but manage to have succesful highschool and college careers.

Shajen
04-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Dude, not to be a dick, but what's the problem here?

You realize you are doing something non-productive and -EV, so just stop doing it so much.

Moderation man, it's key.

tbach24
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine one of the reasons that you are in your special school is to learn some self control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is true. I'm not so much concerned about it being a problem for me this year as I'm still getting enough work done to get along, but next year when I'll be swamped with work in my legit school I think I'll have problems with it. Not to mention all the additions of temptations in my life (girls, legit sports, etc.) Oi vey!

tbach24
04-22-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You realize you are doing something non-productive and -EV, so just stop doing it so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize my problems all the time, but still can't stop them. I'm not sure what I'm looking for...damn i suck

Shajen
04-22-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize my problems all the time, but still can't stop them. I'm not sure what I'm looking for...damn i suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah bro, you just gotta stop the cycle. At least you realize you're doing it, a lot of people get sucked into crap like video games and it takes over their lives, without them even realizing it.

Just do it man. Will power is a beautiful thing.

http://www.leonardite.com/images/waterboy.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT!!!