PDA

View Full Version : EMail from Absolute Poker

MEbenhoe
04-22-2005, 10:44 AM
I find this kind of weird because it didn't come up in my inbox as being from Absolute Poker, but instead Mauricio Calderon.

From: mauricio@absolutepoker.com
Subject: Document Request

Dear Matt,

Thank you for choosing our company; it is a pleasure to be of your assistance.

This message is to inform you that due to our User’s Agreement located at our web site we are kindly asking you to certify your account and also the transactions that you have done in your account by sending us the following documents:

A clear photocopy of the front side of your Driver’s license.
A clear photocopy of the front and back of your credit card XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Fill our Agreement Form – Attached to this message – with the information from your credit cards XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

These documents should be send to our toll free fax (1-800-380-5370) or send a scan image to my personal email address Mauricio@absolutepoker.com

Please note that we are unable to process your cash out until we successfully receive the documents stated above these lines.

Feel free to contact me by email or to our toll free number and I will be pleased to help you.

Best Regards,

Mauricio
Cashier Department

Phone 1-866-788-3005

"Continuing to be the best and most trusted"

WTF is up with this? Should I be suspicious of this at all?

RunDownHouse
04-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Yes. Call up Absolute (not necessarily using this phone number either) and ask to get this guy on the horn. Speak to him directly. Then do it.

Happy birthday.

AncientPC
04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Happy b-day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MEbenhoe
04-22-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Happy b-day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, this definitely was not a good way to start the day though /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jokerthief
04-22-2005, 11:14 AM
You should get a special "sweating me on my birthday is complete bs bonus". BTW, did you ever buy chips with a credit card?

Hope the rest of your birthday goes better.

MEbenhoe
04-22-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should get a special "sweating me on my birthday is complete bs bonus". BTW, did you ever buy chips with a credit card?

Hope the rest of your birthday goes better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did, bank card to be exact. Cuz of some problem I can't get a neteller account setup so thats how I generally do things.

jokerthief
04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
FWIW, I would set up a firepay account--if possible. Some states, something like 7, have specifically outlawed online poker (NV, WI, IL are all I can remember) and this can give you problems when making transactions between your bank and the poker sites. Banks are notorious for spying for the gov and an overzealous employee could cause you problems. Even in states where it's not specifically illegal, it still hasn't been determined if online gambling violates federal law. I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're dealing with now, but it may cause you future headaches if you move a lot of money into or out of your bank account into/out of poker rooms.

jokerthief
04-22-2005, 11:44 AM
One other thing, if you do live in any of the three states, by chance, that I stated above, I would check your bank account to see if there are any problems. Earlier this week someone from Tennesse had thier bank account closed for transactions between their checking account and poker rooms. Tennesse may be one of those states where online poker is illegal. I have a vague memory that it is but I'm only sure that it's illegal in IL, NV, and WI.

MEbenhoe
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Just an update for anyone wondering. My account wasn't under any suspicion, however due to the scamming pulled a few days ago by all those accounts that got banned, they changed their cashout policy. And since I had just made what they deemed "a large cashout", they needed me to go through some confirmation stuff as all cashouts on accounts where the deposits were made with credit cards now need to go through extra steps to cashout.