PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth continuing with this flush draw?

deception5
04-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Second hand at this table, but I'd watched for half an orbit and so far nothing seems unreasonable. I do have odds to draw on the flop and turn, but against a raise I have to call although I'm no longer getting odds overall. My question is with such a small pot would I be better off folding the flop here? Or the turn for that matter?

Thanks!
D5

xenthebrain
04-22-2005, 08:59 AM
You played it right. On you first call on the turn you get 1-to-4.25 , you need 1-to-4.1
After the raise implied odds make it correct to call again, cause if BB has a 2 (and mostly even if not) you can expect at least one bet on the river if you make your hand.

jrz1972
04-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Both turn calls are no-brainers.

On the first one, you have absolutely no reason to put UTG on anything scarrier than queens up. The Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif and 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif are probably no good, but with implied odds I think this is a clear call.

The second call is even easier getting ~8:1. Yes, BB probably has trips, but you are getting much more than the overlay you need to keep drawing here.

k000k
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the raise implied odds make it correct to call again, cause if BB has a 2 (and mostly even if not) you can expect at least one bet on the river if you make your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the raise he's getting even more than his first call. 1st call was easy, you got immediate odds. After the raise, you need to call 1 more for 8 bets.. Don't think about the bet you already put in it's gone. Implied odds have nothing to do with it, you're getting immediate pot odds to call. You won't need implieds until it gets capped, and even then you won't need much. Even if you thought UTG would 3bet, it'd STILL be good to call the raise.

itsmesteve
04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
I think you've certainly got odds and outs here.