PDA

View Full Version : AA in the BB 4-handed

kurosh
04-22-2005, 05:12 AM
30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

UTG is relatively tight for such a shorthanded game. In that position, he's raising things that most people would raise in MP in a full ring. Big aces, big suited kings, mid-big pairs, QJ-QTs. His re-raising standards are also extremely tight. His PF cap pretty much narrows it down to AK, MAYBE AQ, AA-JJ. He plays decent postflop and is a little passive. He will shutdown to lots of aggression and call down unless he has a monster.

SB is a fish. He keeps buying in for the minimum then rebuying when he busts. He coldcalls a lot from the SB. Fit-or-fold type postflop with random bouts of hyperaggression.

My image is LAGgish preflop. They like to fold PF so I like to raise. I haven't been 3-betting much except without real hands so when I 3-bet out of the blind that should be a pretty obvious indication I have a big hand. I have bluffed a bit with turn CR's but I've never had to show down a bluff. I think I've had a real hand every time we've been to showdown.

Subfallen
04-22-2005, 05:49 AM
nh Why do you need to suck cock when you play like this?

anatta
04-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Normally I would just check-raise the flop. He as KK or QQ (or AA,AJ and unfortunately JJ), he usually calls check-raise and raises turn which I can three-bet. If he has AK, lots of time they three-bet the flop and plan on checking turn. If he does this, I four bet and lead, he'll call that and then on turn, he'll look at big pot count all six of his outs as good and call that and on the end too since its four handed and he thinks he thought I might be tricky.

But you say your guy is passive and can fold or whathaveyou, so I dunno. I used your line against mikel. once in a live game when I had QQ in BB, he was on some steal and knew he would raise turn for sure if I bet from nowhere like you did. I just called his bet and bet the river (a mistake but at time I thought he would fold for sure to my turn three-bet which he would but he folded river anyways and prolly gave him freeshot with an overcard.

kurosh
04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
I like that line a lot and the reasoning behind it is solid too. UTG had QQ.