PDA

View Full Version : AQ on the bubble

Mad Genius1
04-22-2005, 03:37 AM
$100+9 on Stars. 243 entries, down to 28. 27 make the money. I have a stack of 10K to start the hand, slightly below average. I post the SB and pick up AQo. Folded to the button bigstack, who raises to 2400. Blinds are 300/600 with 50antes.

I considered four options before making my move:

1. Folding
2. Calling and playing for TP
3. Call and push any flop
4. Push allin now

What do you think is the best move here?

tiger7210
04-22-2005, 03:42 AM
How much does the big stack have? and how much does the BB have? Is the BB loose/tight?

Brad F.
04-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Do you have a read on the button, other than he's the bigstack?

Given he is the bigstack, I guess we kind of assume he will raise here with close to any two, so I reraise the button here.

But to me limping into the money doesn't matter, so if you really want to make the money, just call and fold if you don't hit.

Put me in your spot I reraise every time.

Brad

Mad Genius1
04-22-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How much does the big stack have? and how much does the BB have? Is the BB loose/tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is a shortstack and fairly weak-tight. Also, the button was fairly bigstacked (22K) but definately not a LAG. He didn't raise preflop very often and for the most part was showing down good hands. Which is what made my decision all that more difficult.

tiger7210
04-22-2005, 04:05 AM
If making the money is not that critical to you then I push here with the FE you have. You have enough chips to cut him in half and he may see the BB as weak/tight also and doesn't mind playing his hand against the short stack if he plays. The fact you're on the bubble and putting all your chips in with 1 to go aginst te big stack he has to give you credit for a big hand which makes his call very difficult without a monster. If he calls there a good chance you're in a race but you'll certainly get a fold more than enough to make this +EV.

I really don't like calling 25% of my chips out of postion knowing I'm going to miss 1/3 of the time and would prefer to take this pot down right here.

Trainwreck
04-22-2005, 06:58 AM
I'd fold and wait until 1 more is gone, since this is a $100 not $10 buy-in.

>TW<

schwza
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
i definitely push. if villain is smart, he is ramping up the aggression b/c a) he's on the button and b) you're at the bubble. even if he's unaware of bubble issues, you're usually way ahead of a button raise.