PDA

View Full Version : $10+1: 5 handed, folded to Hero on the button with ~5BBs and A9o

spentrent
04-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4795)
UTG (t485)
MP (t390)
Hero (t540)
SB (t1790)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ???

Joboo
04-22-2005, 03:37 AM
I think the BB calls with a lot of hands that you beat here, given that you're so short. I push here because with a double up, you'd be in a much better spot to make the money, not to mention a boost in folding equity for future pushes.

What's your read of the BB? The more likely he is to fold this, the better a push becomes.

johnnybeef
04-22-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t4795)
UTG (t485)
MP (t390)
Hero (t540)
SB (t1790)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting...i originally said instapush but then i took a look at the stack sizes. i dont think this is a case where you will be able to fold your way into the money...you are still a few "moves" away from getting there, and this is a fantastic hand 3 handed especially when you add fold equity in there. the only way i fold is if i notice that the big stack is extreeeeemly loose (which is very often the case when someone gets a stack this size at this limit). i push this one 95% of the time.

johnnybeef
04-22-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your read of the BB? The more likely he is to fold this, the better a push becomes.

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon...you can do better than that captain obvious

john_
04-22-2005, 03:42 AM
I think this is a must push situation. If he's loose he'll call with a bunch of aces weaker than yours. You'll be 3/2 favorite over a lot of other hands too. If he's tight you'll take it down uncontested most of the time.

vinyard
04-22-2005, 05:09 AM
I think its a push, especially if the blinds are goind up anytime soon. Without a call the bump in your stack size to 690 puts you slightly ahead of the two other small stacks. This becomes even more relevant if the blinds are bumping soon.

And with the big stack *that* big there is a good chance he will call with hands you dominate giving you a good chance of doubling up.

DasLeben
04-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I'd still push, regardless of those other shorties. You have two more people to outlast before making the money, and you don't have any guarantee that either of those other two aren't going to double at some point.

Plus, who wants third anyways? If you double here, you have a definite chance of making a run at (at least) second.

Rocco
04-22-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...the only way i fold is if i notice that the big stack is extreeeeemly loose (which is very often the case when someone gets a stack this size at this limit). i push this one 95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm? If he's extremely loose, wouldn't you want him to call you with what's likely to be any two? If he's tight he'll fold, if he's loose he'll call with a dominated hand. The only situation to fear would be if both blinds call your all-in. Or, am I wrong?