PDA

View Full Version : No content, just my rant (many bad beats)

Tyler Durden
04-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Okay so I'm running badly.

WSOP qualifying, forget it. I've been playing the shootouts. Can't make anything happen. I've been colddecked so many times it's sickening. And when I'm not colddecked it's an ugly suckout. No content, like I said.

Tonight I had 4600, 6 handed at my first table and BB is 100. I raise an EP limper w/ TT, he calls. Flop is 6 high. He checks, I put him all in, he calls w/ A6s, turns a flush draw and rivers trips. So I'm down to like 3k but I still have the lead.

Very next hand I get TT again. I raise, good player reraises from the SB. I couldn't decide between pushing and calling. I decide to push, he has AK and the flop comes KJx. In retrospect a call would have made me able to get away from the hand.

Very next hand I get AK on the button. I raise and SB moves in over the top, I call, he has ATc and flops me pretty much dead when the flop comes Ten high w/ two clubs. I don't catch my two outer.

3 hands was all it took to go from 4600 to 800.
After the break I get TT again and run into AA. So even if I didn't have that 3 hand span I would have lost a chunk.

Anyway now I'm out.
I'm 1 for 3 in heads up play in shootouts. And the only time I made the final table I had this hand:

BB 30, LP (ebolivia) opens to 90, I call in the SB w/ 44. Flop K54r. I check, he bets most of the pot, I call. Turn 3, I check, he bets half pot, I raise all in for 800 more, he calls w/ AA and hits his six outer and I don't even get my $160 back.

Anyway I am just really aggravated. I can't remember the last time I sucked out to stay alive in a shootout but it seems like I'm not winning any of the flips or the 70/30s (like AK v. AT).

Guess I'll keep trying but it feels like I'm cursed.

Yes I know I'm bitching.

bugstud
04-22-2005, 02:37 AM
I think we all get one WSOP qualifying rant bitch post...next one in on BBP /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tyler Durden
04-22-2005, 02:42 AM
what's BBP?

bugstud
04-22-2005, 02:49 AM
bad beat police

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 04:52 AM
Just out of curiosity, on average, how many double shootouts do you think it would take you playing for you to win a seat?

I suspect most people WAY overestimate their chances in these things.

West
04-22-2005, 04:53 AM
One of the first shootouts I played I got heads up at the final table and took a big chip lead (~5 to 1). Opponent was all in with K7 vs my K8, but we chopped when the river was a high card that trumped my kicker (half the deck would have won it for me). Then he's all in with K5 vs. my AK, hits a 5. Then takes the chip lead for good when he raises me all in on river on board of something like K6789 and I have a ten, he has JT. I end up losing.

bugstud
04-22-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, on average, how many double shootouts do you think it would take you playing for you to win a seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't shock me. Most of us are spoiled by ims0lucky and the others that made FT's right away and then got seats. I personally can generally get it three handed, where I lose on play and variance, and thus don't FT.

Prime Time
04-22-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 0 for 10 but holding off on SO b\c want to get in via $650. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tyler Durden
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
I played another one tonight.

Had AA v. T8c, all in on a Q76 two club flop, he won. 57% favorite.

Had KK all in v. KQ preflop, I lose. 91% favorite.

Blech.