PDA

View Full Version : KQs, flops straight, gets C/R?!

Roadstar
04-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Reads, MP2 is LAP as rated by poker tracker, not enough hands for villain but he seems to be LAA (40% VPIP, 10% PFR over 30 hands). No info on others

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Given reads whats the best way to proceed here? Call raise or fold /images/graemlins/smile.gif?!?! Small Stakes suggest call but would you reraise LAG? or do you worry about being dominated by AQ AK?

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Flop the nut straight, should be standard here

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Continue leading out but get C/R'ed by Villain how to proceed? Villain has a lone K or AK? I called thinking it may be a chop.

River: (13.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Not a good card, but calling the river due to a large pot?

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Wasn't really comfortable with this hand. Comments and advice? Thanks! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

istewart
04-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Not fond of the cold-call preflop dude.

The rest of the hand looks fairly good in my opinion. Once CO check/raises the turn it looks pretty clear that with him you're either splitting or beat; I'm torn as to which. The key to this hand appears to be keeping BB around to provide a little padding on the times you lose.

Roadstar
04-22-2005, 02:10 AM
So you're suggesting just lay it down Pre flop then?

How about the play after the flop?

Thanks

handsome
04-22-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not fond of the cold-call preflop dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why aren't you fond of it? Did it treat you wrong? Made you sleep on the couch?

Playing too tight lately?

bottomset
04-22-2005, 02:44 AM
the call preflop is ok, maybe a little loose

flop is good
turn: I don't think there is much value in going to war here unless you are pretty sure CO will go crazy with 2pair, or a 8

river is fine

Shillx
04-22-2005, 02:46 AM
You really need to 3-bet this hand preflop.

Brad

Bodhi
04-22-2005, 02:53 AM
This guy is loose and raises a lot. Get it heads up preflop.

Postflop, the turn card is a disaster. The pot is large, show down your hand.

xenthebrain
04-22-2005, 03:07 AM
3-bet preflop. How you palyed it, the rest is fine imo.