PDA

View Full Version : Final table HU NL Tournament hand

LethalRose
04-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I rarely post here, but instead of posting in the MTT thread I thought i would post it here.

Final table of 30+3 3-table tournament.
We are heads up,I have approx 10K, villian has 20K in this hand

some background...

The entire FT this guy has been very weak tight...rarely raising. He had a huge chiplead when it was 10 handed (around 12K) and played the big stack very poorly, allowing me to steal my way up and take out a few players to get heads up with him. My image is very aggressive, I got no cards this tournament and was surviving merely by stealing blinds with crap near the bubble. (thats itm bubble)

In once instance when it was 3 handed the BB was 300, a smallstack had 1K after posting(he was my fav victim stealing from)- I had around 6K, im delt A10o in the sb and plan on pushing the SS in, and he limps. So im thinking great he has a monster.
I fold and he folds to the smallstacks push on the flop, I'm amazed...

basically, i dont think this guy is a thinking player and is playing like hes in a cash game.

I get heads up with him calling the short stacks push with 54s getting 2 to 1..

There is no considerable difference between 1st and 2nd (like 2 buyins), so im lagging it up. Raising almost every other hand, he refuses to put it in the middle PF with me, even when its obvious im raising practically any 2.

Then I get AA, he min raises

what do you do?

Sykes
04-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Continue the lag fest and reraise him. He'll go over the top and you call for the win.

toke
04-22-2005, 02:40 AM
You forgot to post the most vital information: current blinds. Against this kind of player though I might minreraise because A. he probably folds too often if you make a decent sized reraise (= potsize or allin if potsize commits you) B. he probably isnt bright enough to understand you must have KK / AA to minreraise here.

LethalRose
04-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Blinds were 150/300

He had minraised and folded to my AI's 2 times before this hand.