PDA

View Full Version : $10+1: Bubble, two shorts stacks, two big stacks

spentrent
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3110)
SB (t3069)
BB (t945)
Hero (t876)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Steal here to attack my fellow short stack?

Scuba Chuck
04-22-2005, 01:16 AM
If next hand was 100/200 blinds, I'd consider a push. Otherwise, fold is best, IMO. Plenty of poker/opportunities yet to be had.

Apathy
04-22-2005, 01:18 AM
no, fold quickly.

By the way, just by the way you said this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you need to adjust you thinking on the bubble in this type of situation.

willie
04-22-2005, 01:26 AM
fold due to the gigantic stacks between you 2 and your very mediocre holding

spentrent
04-22-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm worried that in the $10+1 games, big stacks -- like the two here over 3000 -- are more eager to defend their blinds, thinking "It's only 900 chips." My reason for considering this push at the time was "I need to attack the short stack. With both big stacks to my right, I'll be called down too often."

However, I see your point that the blinds aren't big enough to require the chips on the table right now... hmm, and I s'pose my quoted rationale applies to the other short stack as well.

spentrent
04-22-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, fold quickly.

By the way, just by the way you said this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you need to adjust you thinking on the bubble in this type of situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What problem is my question symptomatic of? I've been over-aggressive in my last 350 tournaments such that I'm top 4 60%, first 16%. Lotta firsts, lotta fourths -- and it feels like something's wrong. The play in this hand seems to figure prominently.

350's not a lot, but I definitely revamped my approach on the bubble at the beginning of this block. Pushing in situations like the one posted is new... but I've traded too many 2nds and 3rds for too many 4ths but an acceptable amount of 1sts. Weird.