PDA

View Full Version : Early AQ Hand

FatalError
04-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Closed the game before i thought to copy the HH
10/15 blinds level 1

2 limpers to me and SB comples, i'm in BB with QQ and 1000 chips, i raise to 75 the cutoff calls all others fold,cutoff has 2700 chips and has been really gambling

flop Q85 2 diamonds, i bet 150 into the 180 chip pot and cutoff calls

turn offsuit 4, i have 700 chips left pot is 480, i really can't bet anything other than all in here, it's either check/call or check/fold or move in, i think i'm good and move in

cutoff had 67 for turned nuts... whats the line on my play?

holeplug
04-22-2005, 12:48 AM
raise a little more preflop. 100ish or so. i'd also bet alittle more on the flop too but overall you didn't do anything terrible here.

beeyjay
04-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Well you gave us the line on your play. Coupled with a cleverly disguised bad beat post.

I'll be the first to say it since it seems like this is what youre looking for: you played it just like you should have and lost anyways.

On a more productive note if the co is really gambling it up to the point that its blatantly obvious I think pushing preflop here works well too depending on the buyin hell probably call.

FatalError
04-22-2005, 12:56 AM
this was a 100+9, i should have mentioned that, pushing preflop not an option, i don't see how this is a bad beat post, the fact i was beat by a straight is a way of asking whether or not there is a way to not lose all my chips here when OE straight draw gets there