PDA

View Full Version : Whats your move?

Chief911
04-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Probably 45 minutes into the post rebuy period. Lots of loosey gooseys at the table.

I have 3800 with blinds 100/200 25a.

UTG+1 calls (He takes most flops), fairly tight guy raises to 800. He is cold called by two very loose players with about 7k stacks each. Initial raiser has 12k.

I'm in the BB with KQo. I have not played a hand so far (40ish hands) post rebuy.

Push
Fold
Call

Nick

bugstud
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Nice overlay. I can make a case for all three, but a fold given that the raiser is tightish may be most correct.

A stop n go looks attractive with like 3k or so in the pot when you do so, as does moving in and getting nearly 2.5:1

RandomUser
04-22-2005, 12:31 AM
I hate KQo personally, but with 4 others in the pot I'd call and see if you get a miracle flop (AJT would be great).

I'd say at best you are a coin flip against tight player, and very possible major underdog. The other 3 could have anything. If you push, you're likely only to get called by hands that have you dominated or crushed.

GrunchCan
04-22-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can make a case for all three

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do so. I know what I'm doing & why, but I don't know what I'm doing. Ya know?

So what do you think of each action?

Roman
04-22-2005, 01:10 AM
I fold. All 3 are prettty close EV wise im guessing. Call being worst followed by push.

SossMan
04-22-2005, 01:12 AM
well, you are getting between 5:1 and 6:1 depending on if the loose UTG limper calls. that's pretty good.

your hand sucks against a tight raiser and even against two loose callers (even if you have them beat, they likley share some of your cards, making it less likely that you will be able to play past the flop)

you are out of position.

you are not closing the action and cannot call an all in if UTG was getting tricky, or decides to take an obvious coin flip (plus dead money) with the tight raiser and pushes w/ his 55.

If you had a deeper stack, like 6 or 7k, then I would consider calling, but in this spot, I think I'll pass.

am i getting tight in my old age?

bugstud
04-22-2005, 01:23 AM
problem is chief is like 1/2 average right now, I think. I agree with the assessment, but I don't like it.

Roman
04-22-2005, 01:24 AM
who cares about the avg? He has plenty of time before he needs to get this desperate.

Chief911
04-22-2005, 01:27 AM
I folded.

My thinking was that even though they sure looked pretty, vs. the UTG raiser, I had to be a dog. And I dont want to take KQ into a battle that could very well be a 3+way pot.

/RANT ON, LEAVE IF YOU HATE BAD BEAT INFORMATION

I play perfect poker, stack up with a nice run. Then lose a 40k pot with my AA vs. 99 allin pre. Then another 30k with my KK vs. 55 allin pre. And get finished off getting called by QJ when I have AJ, Q on the flop~

I feel so much better now~

/End RANT

Love,

Kitten Warrior

CardSharpCook
04-22-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold. All 3 are prettty close EV wise im guessing. Call being worst followed by push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting... Personally I fold without a second thought. Give me 57s here, and I'd think about it... but with KQo.... Naw man, those kinds of stunts might play in the stix, but this is CAPITAL CITY! In Limit KQo is slighly -EV re-raise, slighly more -EV to call, and slightly -EV to fold (time investment lost). Of course adding in a few more players for the same price makes this a slighly better hand.... Add in that these are "loosey-goosey" players.... A call is argued for. But this is NL.... You know, I have to believe a call is better than a push...

I don't take these kinds of chance in tourneys, but I would rank it (in order of preferred play)

1. Fold - if I flop TP, it will be very hard for me to fold, and if I flop my str8 draw, I will be paying. I'd rather hold a hand that is easier to play AF.
2. Call - I may be able to get minted with top two or a str8. Plus, (my) flop skills are better than these players. Not too bad an option.
3. Push - A lot of money in the pot, and I deffinately have fold equity. However, this is not a hand I'd like to have called. Give me T9s, and I'd feel more comfortable pushing here (of course I'd feel even better calling with T9s). I WILL be behind any hand that calls. PFR is a tight player that may well have a monster seeing as he is betting 4X BB. Loosey-gooseys might call with their "monster" ATo/66. I dont really want this, and I don't think my FE is high enough to warrant that risk. Also, with these kinds of players at the table and the blinds still low.... I want to stick around for a while and slighly +EV plays jeopardize that opportunity.

CSC

BAD BEAT POLICE
04-22-2005, 01:40 AM
http://nacho.princeton.edu/fowler/joshua/year2/april1/looking_away.jpg

BBP IS LOOKING THE OTHER WAY ON THIS ONE SINCE NICK IS A LEGEND.

-BBP /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chief911
04-22-2005, 01:42 AM
I posted a disclaimer! And I'm tired. Eh, its inexcusable, but it made me feel better. No altruistic value here, please move along.

Nick

SossMan
04-22-2005, 01:44 AM
isn't that your son, nick?

CardSharpCook
04-22-2005, 01:46 AM
So even the BBP is corrupt? what a DISGRACE!!!! for SHAME BBP! Who will protect us when the BBP won't?

Cute kid BTW.

BAD BEAT POLICE
04-22-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So even the BBP is corrupt? what a DISGRACE!!!! for SHAME BBP! Who will protect us when the BBP won't?

Cute kid BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVEN "REGULAR" POLICE OFFICERS LET 'EM OFF WITH A WARNING NOW AND THEN. ITS NOT CORRUPTION, IT'S PICKING THE BATTLES. BESIDES, HE IS A CHIEF.

-BBP