PDA

View Full Version : 92o on the BB, top pair on coordinated board

Abelardo
04-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Button seems decent, UTG & UTG+1 look fishy.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

My question is about the flop play, I was ready to fold this if someone bet it, but after seeing how everyone checked to the button I just can't give the player on the button credit for a good hand, he could be betting anything here. Looks that this is a rise or fold situation and I thought a rise might get some players out so I did that.
The turn looked scary, I was ready to check/fold here, too weak? and the river looked very ugly as well, should I call the last bet on the river? Thanks for your comments.

Abelardo

toss
04-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I like the flop play. Another option is calling Button's bet and betting out on a safe turn.

I would call this river since UTG might bet with a hand worse than yours. Unless he's the type who only bets with top pair.

the_rookie
04-21-2005, 11:23 PM
I think you should fold this flop. Even if you have the best hand now, there are way too many cards that come on the turn that will hurt you. ANy heart, overcard, 6 or a T.

Abelardo
04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would call this river since UTG might bet with a hand worse than yours. Unless he's the type who only bets with top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

He looks like LPP in like about 20-30 hands, I know that's very few hands but he has 60%VPIP. Even so I think I must call, he could just be betting anything here.

Abelardo
04-21-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold this flop. Even if you have the best hand now, there are way too many cards that come on the turn that will hurt you. ANy heart, overcard, 6 or a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, everybody checked on the flop, if someone besides the button would've bet, I would've folded. I thought that the rise could get a couple of people out of the pot. There are a lot of cards to be avoided yes, but I think top pair is too good to fold on this spot. Anybody else thinks I should fold this on the flop?

Abelardo

PokerBob
04-22-2005, 12:34 AM
If you do this, you HAVE to lead this turn. If you get raised, it is an easy fold.