PDA

View Full Version : Working on my HU game

DasLeben
04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
I've been posting a ton of 2nd and 3rd place finishes lately, so I've been working on gambling it up a little to take first more often. My bud thinks this play isn't so hot, but what do you guys think? BB has been relatively passive, but I'm starting to get the impression that he's getting sick of me stealing from him.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4368)
BB (t3632)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero raises t4118 (all-in)

Apathy
04-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Very standard, I push that and much more when the blinds are 250/500.

ewing55
04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
From the Rookie....

It depends on what you think your opponent will do. If you have been pushing everything, it's a coin-flip push. If you have never pushed before, it's a great push. What kind of hand do you think your opponent will call you with?

DasLeben
04-21-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the Rookie....

It depends on what you think your opponent will do. If you have been pushing everything, it's a lousy push. If you have never pushed before, it's a great push. What kind of hand do you think your opponent will call you with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, well, I've been pushing a TON since around bubble time. I definitely haven't been sitting around. BB likes to fold or complete his SB even at this blind level, and seems to be waiting for something solid. I'd say he'd call any PP, Ax, K8+, QT+.

Also, thanks for the clarification Apathy.

Apathy
04-21-2005, 11:01 PM
If they really are calling that tight you should push any two at this level. Especially with the 8000 chip structure.

ewing55
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
My figures may be a little off but,...

If you get called you're a 3-2 dog (Pokerstove 62% - 38%), but you'll only get called about 23% of the time, so cross your fingers and poosh!