PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated actors?

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 09:31 PM
William H. Macy
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Guy Pearce
Sam Rockwell
Don Cheadle

Vince Young
04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]
Was robbed by Jamie Foxx.

shadow29
04-21-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this guy.

istewart
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Jeff Bridges is not really underrated. He's really good but I think most people know this.

Blarg
04-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Benji. Most people don't know he wasn't a dog.

PokerFink
04-21-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Guy Pearce
Sam Rockwell
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]

Good list.

I would add Tim Robbins.

youngndumb
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
How is someone just nominated for an Oscar underrated?

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is someone just nominated for an Oscar underrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who?

i wanna be me
04-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Jude Law
Christopher Walken

youngndumb
Cheadle, and Robbins won an oscar last year. I think people misunderstand what underrated means

Vince Young
I assume this thread is about actors who are underrated by the people, not film critics.

pshreck
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Guy Pearce
Sam Rockwell
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than Christian Slater, explain exactly how these actors are underrated. The other 5 are respected by critics and the public alike, and seem to be in popular movies. Is your idea of underrated just based on the fact that they aren't as big as Tom Hanks or something?

exist
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a difference between underrated and not well known. i think william h. macy is widely considered to be an excellent actor by anyone who knows him by name.

for actually underrated actors i submit keanu reeves.

pshreck
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think people misunderstand what underrated means

[/ QUOTE ]

youngndumb
04-21-2005, 10:13 PM
I agree but with the press each nominee recieves there is no chance that anyone who owns a TV did not hear how great cheadle was in Hotel Rwanda. I think underrated would have been cheadle last year at this time. Guess im just ranting becuase i read the Underrated movie thread where half the movies people said are on basic cable once a week.

BWebb
04-21-2005, 10:14 PM
David Carridine
Michael Madsen

youngndumb
04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm an EFF BEE EYE agent.

pshreck
04-21-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Michael Madsen

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS PEOPLE....

again, how is this guy underrated?

youngndumb
04-21-2005, 10:17 PM
I guess cause the show he starred in was only on ESPN and not network TV

i wanna be me
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
the guy who played C3PO
al bundy
willy from free willy
the frasier dog
that chick in that movie with those things....

BWebb
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Michael Madsen

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS PEOPLE....

again, how is this guy underrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my knowledge, he's never been nominated for an award and has never been a start in a blockbuster movie. How do you define underrated then?

thatpfunk
04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
michael keaton, val kilmer

pshreck
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
This is certainly not my criteria.

Michael Madsen is a respected actor, I would say just about everyone knows who he is, he has several famous roles in movies including Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill.

I mean hell everyone remembers him from Resevoir Dogs, and America obsessed over him in Kill Bill. And the no awards or nominations... I couldnt think of a role other than Mr. Blonde that he would even be close to deserve having an oscar nod for anyways...

shadow29
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
He was in The Doors too.

Michael Madsen, that is.

BWebb
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Michael Madsen is a respected actor, I would say just about everyone knows who he is, he has several famous roles in movies including Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill.

I mean hell everyone remembers him from Resevoir Dogs, and America obsessed over him in Kill Bill. And the no awards or nominations... I couldnt think of a role other than Mr. Blonde that he would even be close to deserve having an oscar nod for anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill (not as much) too much credit for being huge hits. They are purely guy movies that I would guess 90% of the women in the world have never seen.

Freakin
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Brad Pitt
Vin Diesel
Paul Walker

Freakin

pshreck
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
No. Kill Bill was a huge financial success in the box office, not to mention it was adored by most critics, and Resevoir Dogs was an independant film that performed leaps and bounds above what anyone thought it would, and is highly acclaimed.

Blarg
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cheadle, and Robbins won an oscar last year. I think people misunderstand what underrated means

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly. The film thread made that obvious in almost every post. Few of those films were underrated.

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe they just don't watch the Oscars.

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no chance that anyone who owns a TV did not hear how great cheadle was in Hotel Rwanda.

[/ QUOTE ]

I own a TV, but I never watch it.

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
michael keaton

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally forgot him.

Sponger15SB
04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
michael keaton

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he should have gotten an oscar for beetle juice, [censored] dustin hoffman and rainman

Blarg
04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
LOL

TimTimSalabim
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Campbell Scott

CCass
04-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Depending on your definition of underrated, I offer Edward Norton and John Cusack.

pryor15
04-21-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill (not as much) too much credit for being huge hits. They are purely guy movies that I would guess 90% of the women in the world have never seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

thelma and louise.

Blarg
04-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I find it hard to imagine Ed Norton as underrated. I haven't seen anything less than lots of praise for him anywhere, even though not all people liked American History X as a movie. Everyone I mention him to agrees right away how much they like him.

The Gift Of Gab
04-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Philip Seymour Hoffman has never been nominated for an Oscar.

nothumb
04-21-2005, 11:44 PM
That really fat kid from Boy Meets World.

NT

Rick Diesel
04-21-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for you to wake up tomorrow and see the post so you can realize how [censored] drunk you must have been to make it.

blindu
04-21-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keanu reeves is a terrible actor. he's in the same league as ben affleck.

astroglide
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
christian BALE is underrated. christian slater isn't.

don cheadle does nothing for me. in hotel rwanda i thought the lady that played his wife was much better and his performance was automatic.

i have yet to see guy pearce do anything i would describe as great.

people don't realize how good john c. reilly's everyman consistency quietly adds value to the movies they watch.

Duke
04-22-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Guy Pearce
Sam Rockwell
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good picks, though not all are underrated.

This will sound really weird, but here are a few that I think are underrated:

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp

Let me explain. I think that they're seen as pretty boys who get chicks to go see movies, and nobody seems to notice that they're some pretty good actors.

So, they're making a ton of movies, but I think they're viewed as non-serious actors, despite being excellent actors. Another guy that may eventually fall into this "famous and rich but not taken seriously" role is Orlando Bloom.

Gab is correct with Philip Seymour Hoffman. I figured I'd take another angle with the response.

~D

Blarg
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
I think everyone likes Hoffman. I don't think he's underrated.

I agree that Tom Cruise is underrated. He does so many garbage movies he kind of brings it in himself, though. But Born on the Fourth of July makes the case for him as an excellent actor.

theBruiser500
04-22-2005, 12:32 AM
jim carrey, this guy is for real

shemp
04-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Maybe you mean, "Great Actors who aren't Mega-Stars and Mega-Stars who aren't generally regarded as serious." Bridges, Cheadle, and Macy have large bodies of work for which they are highly regarded by anyone with a worthwhile opinion.

shemp
04-22-2005, 12:41 AM
On what planet is Johnny Depp not regarded as a serious actor? (I say that despite not being able to stand the guy.) That's a pretty good call on Tom Cruise.

Edge34
04-22-2005, 12:43 AM
And nobody puts Steve Zahn in here...why?

deacsoft
04-22-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this guy, but it's hard to put comedians in the same category as actors until the play a role that is serious. Ala, Jamie Foxx.

Edge34
04-22-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this guy, but it's hard to put comedians in the same category as actors until the play a roll that is serious. Ala, Jamie Foxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough - guess I missed the part about "serious" actors....just the first one came to mind...

blatz
04-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Here's one...Sylvester Stallone.

I was just looking over his career, and yeah, most of it is a joke, filled with goofs like Stop or My Mom Will Shoot and Over the Top.

But the man has chops when he needs them...he hit it out of the park in Copland, he was awesome in Nighthawks and even the Rambo and Rocky movies have scenes where you think maybe he's not just a lucky idiot, he really can act.

Choosing roles=not strong point

Blarg
04-22-2005, 02:03 AM
He wrote Rocky. And got to star in it too, coming pretty much from nothing to absolutely massive and deservedly so overnight. The Rambos were a brilliant financial ploy, if nothing else. One thing the guy is not is a dummy.

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 02:04 AM
This is the worst thread ever. The vast majority of these actors are critically praised and regularly get major roles in major studio films.

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Tom Cruise used to qualify, but in recent years a lot of people have started to really give serious consideration to their acting skills.

Interesting comment by Gab. While PSH is widely recognized as a great actor, the fact that he has never been nominated maybe does merit a mention as underrated.

Some reasonable mentions.

Guy Pearce - except that I don't think he's that good

Vin Diesel - I agree, though he really was horrible in A Man Apart

Paul Walker - I don't think he's very good, but he definitely could qualify since I don't know anyone who thinks much of his acting

Christopher Walken - this is actually an interesting choice. many probably don't give him credit for anything but one character type.

Christian Bale - agreed, though i think he is right on the brink of getting credit.
Campbell Scott - good one!
John C. Reilly - another very good one!

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love John C. Reilly, but is he underrated, or just underknown? I can't think of anybody I know who would know who he is who doesn't like him.

Blarg
04-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Same thought here. Everyone loves him; I doubt anyone underrates him.

As for Hoffman -- I thought he was nominated before. Maybe not an oscar? But I'm pretty sure he's been nominated for some awards and even won some.

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love John C. Reilly, but is he underrated, or just underknown? I can't think of anybody I know who would know who he is who doesn't like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I just think if you were to ask someone to go through a list of good actors, his name would be unlikely to come up. He's often somewhat "unnoticeable" in movies and until you think about it, it's easy to miss how good he is.

thirddan
04-22-2005, 02:27 AM
what about john cusack...

Blarg
04-22-2005, 02:38 AM
He was great in Say Anything.

Tyler Durden
04-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Okay so basically you're all morons. When I clicked on this thread I thought to myself "Jeremy Piven has to be in here somewhere for sure." But he's not. So I'm saying: Jeremy Piven.

I agree about Christian Bale, he's awesome. But I'm biased b/c American Psycho is one of my favorite movies.

Christian Slater for sure.

Okay morons, continue...

jesusarenque
04-22-2005, 03:24 AM
Chest Rockwell
Brock Landers

MicroBob
04-22-2005, 03:25 AM
I still think Johnny Depp qualifies.

And despite some of the praise he has received I STILL think Ed Norton could be in the under-rated category.

While he's pretty darned good I thought that maybe he was only good at playing the 'cool' guy.
His character in Rounders wasn't THAT different from his character in Fight Club from his character in 25th hour for example.

but then there was Death to Smoochie and he was FANTASTIC in a non-cool role. Even though the movie was kind of boring and not that funny I was really impressed by Norton's abilities in that one...if only to depart more significantly from his other stuff.

Does Clint Eastwood get to qualify as 'underrated'?
He freaking ROCKS!!

Brad Pitt is probably a pretty good call for under-rated actors as well. Hadn't really considered him before but the more I think about it the more I think he deserves more credit for his actual acting abilities as opposed to just his rep as being eye-candy for the ladies.

I don't think Tom Cruise qualifies as 'under-rated' unless you think he is really a LOT better than the praise he has received for Color of Money, Few Good Men, Jerry McGuire and Magnolia.
He shed the 'good looking kid dancing in his underwear in Risky Business' image a LONG time ago.
Cruise just isn't under-rated imo as it seems he has received quite a bit of acknowledgement for his abilities in those films.

TrishaT
04-22-2005, 03:35 AM
there are no underrated actors or actresses...........only overrated ones..........

SinCityGuy
04-22-2005, 04:04 AM
John Turturro
Samuel L. Jackson
John Malkovitch
Brad Dourif
Eli Wallach
James Woods

twang
04-22-2005, 04:15 AM
Brian Dennehy

/twang

Phoenix1010
04-22-2005, 04:38 AM
http://img244.echo.cx/img244/4837/conan4xj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/6636/mrfreeze9vn.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img250.echo.cx/img250/871/arnoldyell0kv.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img249.echo.cx/img249/1408/arnoldgovernator5zu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeremy Piven

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good answer.

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed Norton

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible answer. (BTW, I think he is one of the top actors of his generation)

ethan
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jeremy Piven

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jeremy Piven pwns. Particularly in PCU.

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. i' think these guys would be on my most overrated list.

Pocket Trips
04-22-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously have never seen Memento then

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and topping my list of most overrated movies would be this one.

deacsoft
04-22-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
John Turturro
James Woods

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ones.

NoPeak
04-22-2005, 11:34 AM
John C. Reily
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Steve Buschemi
Adam Goldberg
Jake Noseworthy

nolanfan34
04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
TStoneMBD

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TStoneMBD

[/ QUOTE ]

ni han

<font color="white"> he could stand to drop a few pounds though </font>

kevyk
04-22-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eli Wallach

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant! The role of Tuco (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) could easily have been a joke but for his willingness to dive in an give his all to such a seemingly one-dimensional character.

Lee Van Cleef (see avatar) was also one of the most underrated badasses of all time in that film.

astroglide
04-22-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

entertaining movie. his acting was not really noteworthy. he did fine. joe pantoliano and carrie ann moss put in way better performances.

frank_iii
04-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Most of the guys mentioned are very well rated!

How about Steve Buscemi?

Gary Oldman? Nobody talks about him any more.

John Lithgow?

Gabriel Byrne?

Benicio Del Toro?

David Hasselhoff? Just kidding.

Throwing in an actress, Cate Blanchette. While critically acclaimed, I don't think she gets half the recognition she deserves. She has to be the best actor/actress out there right now.

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy is a [censored] chameleon. Amazing actor.
- Peter Boyle was that way in his prime. Now he always just plays the same grumpy old man.

- Randy Quaid?

- Geoffrey Rush?

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

entertaining movie. his acting was not really noteworthy. he did fine. joe pantoliano and carrie ann moss put in way better performances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What did you like better about Moss's performance, which I thought was mostly pretty weak? I agree Pantoliano was good. I also think that Pearce was very good in that movie. The sort of wooden coldness that he displays throughout most of the movie, with the occasional burst of rage, really seems to me to fit the character of Leonard Shelby perfectly.

deacsoft
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Philip Seymour Hoffman

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered listing him. I agree.

deacsoft
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another one that I had intended to list but forgot to. Great call.

I would also like to submit John C. McGinley.

deacsoft
04-22-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Benicio Del Toro?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has won an Oscar. Best supporting actor: Traffic

astroglide
04-22-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fit the character of Leonard Shelby

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

VBM
04-22-2005, 01:52 PM
imo, Jude Law is an good actor who is more often thought of as a pretty face. i think is true of Colin Farrell as well.

i also saw Clive Owen in Closer and King Arthur and I think he's a good actor most don't think of when they think of good actors.

astroglide
04-22-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i also saw Clive Owen in Closer and King Arthur and I think he's a good actor most don't think of when they think of good actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

clive owen's career started after the ridiculous amount of critical praise laid upon him for his performance in croupier

gumpzilla
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fit the character of Leonard Shelby

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, fine. What's your basis for saying that Moss and Pantoliano were better than Pearce in Memento?

Jack of Arcades
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Ethan Embry
Edward Furlong
John Rhys-Davies
David Krumholtz

VBM
04-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clive owen's career started after the ridiculous amount of critical praise laid upon him for his performance in croupier

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a good movie? worth a queue spot in netflix?

Bob Moss
04-22-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people are going to laugh at this, and it's true that he isn't the greatest actor ever, but he probably is the most underrated well-known actor.

Bob

jakethebake
04-22-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know people are going to laugh at this, and it's true that he isn't the greatest actor ever, but he probably is the most underrated well-known actor. Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be possible to underrate him.

astroglide
04-22-2005, 04:13 PM
yeah it's worth checking out. it seems to really do it for some people.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/croupier/ as you can see the reviews were gushing (fairly standard for interesting topic indie movies).

Asufiji2004
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
The guy who played Bricktop in Snatch. Don't know his name off the top of my head, but he was awesome.

i wanna be me
04-22-2005, 04:34 PM
johnny chan

Ulysses
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ethan Embry
Edward Furlong
John Rhys-Davies
David Krumholtz

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades can always be counted on to make good posts in threads like this.

MicroBob
04-22-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...and topping my list of most overrated movies would be this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt.

And, at the risk of the whole forum thinking I'm nuts, Sin City would also crack my top 10.

I think John Turturro is a VERY good addition to the list of under-rated actors.

nrinker
04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Chevy Chase

Jack of Arcades
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, but there's been no better answer than Jeremy Piven.

peachy
04-22-2005, 06:51 PM
christain slater was huge in the early 90s though..so he really doesnt count to me

JMP300z
04-22-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ethan Embry

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!
-JP

Cyrus
05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
And it's not even close.

Dominic
05-06-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. IMO, Jeff Bridges is the greatest American actor working today.

And yes, I'm serious.

Moyer
05-06-2005, 10:46 PM
These may or may not be great underrated actors, but I would really like them to have big roles in new movies.

John Cusack
Giovanni Ribisi
Ethen Hawke
Ron Livingston
Colin Hanks
Jason London
Cole Hauser
Rory Cochrane
Matthew McConaughey
Claire Forlani(she's so hot)

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the worst thread ever. The vast majority of these actors are critically praised and regularly get major roles in major studio films.

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Tom Cruise used to qualify, but in recent years a lot of people have started to really give serious consideration to their acting skills.

Interesting comment by Gab. While PSH is widely recognized as a great actor, the fact that he has never been nominated maybe does merit a mention as underrated.

Some reasonable mentions.

Guy Pearce - except that I don't think he's that good

Vin Diesel - I agree, though he really was horrible in A Man Apart

Paul Walker - I don't think he's very good, but he definitely could qualify since I don't know anyone who thinks much of his acting

Christopher Walken - this is actually an interesting choice. many probably don't give him credit for anything but one character type.

Christian Bale - agreed, though i think he is right on the brink of getting credit.
Campbell Scott - good one!

[/ QUOTE ]

paul walker and vin diseal are horible...

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 11:05 PM
all of these losers ignored sam rockwell. great call.

some other actors:

kevin pollack
jean reno
tom seizmore
gary oldman

[ QUOTE ]
William H. Macy
Christian Slater
Jeff Bridges
Guy Pearce
Sam Rockwell
Don Cheadle

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 11:09 PM
i remember when i was like 13 it was summer vacation and me and my little brother watched Office Space a million times. But you OT nerds really need to get off of this movie. It isnt that funny. Its completely one dimensional. Its the most overrated "Nerds Favorite" of all time.

ron livingston SUCKS.....

[ QUOTE ]
These may or may not be great underrated actors, but I would really like them to have big roles in new movies.

John Cusack
Giovanni Ribisi
Ethen Hawke
Ron Livingston
Colin Hanks
Jason London
Cole Hauser
Rory Cochrane
Matthew McConaughey

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 11:10 PM
and i especially hate how every [censored] internet nerd uses "federal pound me in the ass prison" phrase anytime they mention prison. its old. its broing. get a life....

[ QUOTE ]
i remember when i was like 13 it was summer vacation and me and my little brother watched Office Space a million times. But you OT nerds really need to get off of this movie. It isnt that funny. Its completely one dimensional. Its the most overrated "Nerds Favorite" of all time.

[ QUOTE ]

John Cusack
Giovanni Ribisi
Ethen Hawke
Ron Livingston
Colin Hanks
Jason London
Cole Hauser
Rory Cochrane
Matthew McConaughey

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
PS: giovani risbi is also horible.

boiler room sucked hardcore ass.

[ QUOTE ]
and i especially hate how every [censored] internet nerd uses "federal pound me in the ass prison" phrase anytime they mention prison. its old. its broing. get a life....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

John Cusack
Giovanni Ribisi
Ethen Hawke
Ron Livingston
Colin Hanks
Jason London
Cole Hauser
Rory Cochrane
Matthew McConaughey

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
05-06-2005, 11:15 PM
the movie killing zoe.

the eric character was awesome. so was the redheaded guy who was also in pulp fiction as the heroin dealer.

i think tarrantio is also an underrated actor.

[ QUOTE ]
PS: giovani risbi is also horible.

boiler room sucked hardcore ass.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

John Cusack
Giovanni Ribisi
Ethen Hawke
Ron Livingston
Colin Hanks
Jason London
Cole Hauser
Rory Cochrane
Matthew McConaughey

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OrangeCat
05-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Steve Buscemi

Dead
05-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Greg Kinnear.

Cyrus
05-07-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff Bridges is the greatest American actor working today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Objections will not even be entertained.

gorie
05-07-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
christian BALE is underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally. he was so awesome in newsies!!
but you probably mean because of his other movies.. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif anyway, he's great i love him.

i agree w/ john cusack, he's always great.. i love him.

also steve buscemi , i love him.

/drool

ZeeJustin
05-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Will Ferrell: He's kind of the "love him or hate him" type of actor, but since I think he's one of the funniest men on planet earth, the "hate him" people are enough to make him underrated in my book.

Noriyuki "Pat" Morita: He played Arnold on Happy Days, and then completely switched gears to become Mr. Miyagi. I don't think his acting talent is taken seriously enough. I think a lot of him being underrated has to do with him being in horrible movies. The Karta Dog(2004), i mean wtf is that?!

Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) - that guy is just an awsome actor IMO, but I doubt many people know who he is.

Blarg
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Steve Buscemi is very, very good. Not sure how underrated he is, because he's a character actor and seems to have had a good career, at least from what I know.

FeliciaLee
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Campbell Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
Good choice!

FeliciaLee
05-07-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think John Turturro is a VERY good addition to the list of under-rated actors.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I thought his performance in Quiz Show was fantastic. Not many people liked Sugartime, but I also thought he did a great job in that one.

FeliciaLee
05-07-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's one...Sylvester Stallone.

I was just looking over his career, and yeah, most of it is a joke, filled with goofs like Stop or My Mom Will Shoot and Over the Top.

But the man has chops when he needs them...he hit it out of the park in Copland, he was awesome in Nighthawks and even the Rambo and Rocky movies have scenes where you think maybe he's not just a lucky idiot, he really can act.

Choosing roles=not strong point

[/ QUOTE ]
My foo-foo movie friends always laugh at me when I say that, but I still maintain it is true.

He didn't even look like he was acting, strutting down the street in that pimp costume with the huge shades and that 80's big hair. He looked like that was his regular gig. I thought he did an excellent job, for the type of film this was.

FeliciaLee
05-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Okay, here are some of mine. But instead of just making a list and leaving the assumption to you, I'll explain how I came to each actor:

Patrick Dempsey (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001131/)
I can't understand why this guy isn't on the A list. I would have had him in every kind of movie in his 20's and 30's if I were his agent; comedies, action, dramas. He has a face that can pull off a leading man, but he can be as funny and goofy as crap given the right script. He could have been so much more, maybe it was his own choice to stay out of plain sight, but I think it's a waste.

Ric Reitz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0718680/)
My brother-in-law, and a great guy. His career was going pretty well (scroll down into the 80's and early 90's) until Jim Carrey came along. He looks way too much like Jim, and suddenly everyone was calling Jim's agent and asking if Jim took a small roll with pseudonym before he became big, because Ric looked so much like him. He has even gotten an offer from Carrey to be a double /images/graemlins/frown.gif His roles have been extremely limited since Carrey became a star, and I remember one time he was forced to be heavily made up in Rosewood to disguise his resemblance to Jim.

Jason Patric (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000574/)
What the heck??? He's got it all. The public just doesn't like him? Is he that hard to work with?

Ciaran Hinds (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001354/)
Just awesome. I've been so impressed with all of his roles.

Timothy Dalton (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001096/)
His own fault? The roles he chooses? I don't know, but he has caught my attention in every film he's starred in.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BeerMoney
05-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Tori Wells

ricochet420
05-08-2005, 02:01 AM
FYP[ QUOTE ]

for actually OVERRATED actors i submit keanu reeves.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanna be me
05-08-2005, 07:14 AM
EMILIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! (estevez)

but, in all honesty, I think that it's clear that the most UNDERRATED actor is Sandra Bullock

swede123
05-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm glad Felicia mentioned Jason Patric. Yes, he is a very good one. Check out Geronimo with him and a very young Matt Damon. Quality stuff there.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen any mention of Laurence Fishbourne yet. Very solid actor and has lots of range.

Swede