PDA

View Full Version : I'm stoned but have a theory

kurosh
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I am extremely stoned. At the height (or bottom) of my stoniness (haha) I had a revelation. I started shouting it and telling someone to write it down. I'm still too stoned to interpret it but I have it in front of me. It says:

[ QUOTE ]
When button always steal raises, always ALWAYS CR the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is a revelation of great poker magnitutde so much that I fear posting it here will revolutionize and usher us into a new age of poker enlightenment, which will set the fish one step further back, while the intellectuals move forever one step forward.

aLOWdAkING
04-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I usually C/R the flop, since on the turn he could check behind for a free card, and if you lead the river, he might call you down anyways or catch.

Subfallen
04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
It would be inconvenient to play against someone employing this strategy...for a while. Then it would be very profitable. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hellmouth
04-22-2005, 10:31 AM
wow

A_PLUS
04-22-2005, 01:46 PM
subfallen obviously was sober when he thought about this. Genius...pure genius. Happy belated 420

tpir90036
04-22-2005, 03:48 PM
This is just an extension of Shania. If someone has very bad button pre-flop Shania... then you can counter-attack by check-raising with almost any two cards since they most likely will not be able to stand the heat. You need to be keen to them adjusting their steals though...and as they do... you mix in more good hands.

Happy two day belated 420 sir.

TStoneMBD
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
this is somewhat smart, for online play.

if villain has no reads and is moderately aggressive, then it makes sense to check-call check-raise your strong hands out of the blinds.

i wouldnt go doing this with any 2.

kurosh
04-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Wow, I just saw this post. I completely forgot I made it. I'm too tired now, but later I will ponder its greatness.

Wally Weeks
04-23-2005, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I just saw this post. I completely forgot I made it. I'm too tired now, but later I will ponder its greatness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everything you think of is great when stoned...just like eating that entire 2 pound bag of Cheetos from Costco. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cracker
04-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Brilliant play, in my opinion.

Schwartzy61
04-23-2005, 06:48 PM
How sure can you be that it is ALWAYS a steal raise?

If you can be 100% certain that this time is a steal raise, or you can quantify the precentage in such a way that your steal checkraise will get him to fold and you have odds to put in the two bets then certainly this would work EVERY time. I would probably phrase it like this:

"Every time the button steal raises, you should ALWAYS check raise the turn!"

Of course you could also say:

"Every time you hold the absolute nuts and your opponent is loose aggressive, you should check/raise or raise/reraise until the betting is capped on every round!"

Or how about this little theory:

"Every time you hold top pair weak kicker against a weak tight opponent you should bet into him!"

Unfortunately, as many others have said, poker is a game of incomplete information, you can never be 100% sure of anything at anytime no matter how good you are. And that is why people try not to play the same hand the same way every time, it only gets you into trouble in the long run. Also there is an exception to every always.

See if you can find an exception with this statement:

"It is ALWAYS wrong to kill another living organism!"

kurosh
04-23-2005, 11:06 PM
If the button open raises when folded to him 100% of the time, then always CR the turn. Better?

Trainwreck
04-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Not really, because some % of the time he also has a legitimate raising hand, rememeber that recommended raising standards when first in on the button are a wide range of hands.

Always doing something is bad though, and I from here on out intend to exploit that, I started it in micro limit NL earlier, and it worked very well. (I mean anything that someone appears to be doing ALWAYS)

<TW>

Nick-Zack
04-25-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am extremely stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we supposed to be impressed?

kurosh
04-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Ok, I've finally realized what I was talking about. And I'm afraid everyone will start doing it if I elaborate on what situation I was thinking of so I won't.

kurosh
04-25-2005, 08:45 AM
No... This wasn't a bragging post. I was stoned, obviously. People do stupid [censored] when they're high.

Zetack
04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No... This wasn't a bragging post. I was stoned, obviously. People do stupid [censored] when they're high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe that's the only time they don't do stupid sh t...

--Zetack