PDA

View Full Version : Data Mining (way off topic, sorry)

DavidC
04-21-2005, 08:30 PM
This is way off topic, but I love and trust you guys. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It kinda could be construed as a microlimit topic, because we all aspire to get the hell out of these limits, and data mining could be a step along that path).

Hey there.

I heard some people talking about data mining, so I'm doing it...

I'm importing a ton of hands (I've got it set to import observed hands).

However, when I go to my ring game player statistics window, I don't have as many players and/or hands as I would expect...

Basically, players are only showing up there if I see their starting hands.

Now, let's say that I want to observe a player play ALL his hands, rather than just the ones that he shows down. Even if he folds, I don't care, I just want to see him fold. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

How do I do that?

How can I look up a hand that there's no showdown and I didn't play so I therefore can't see the cards..?

--Dave.

DavidC
04-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Um. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Session summary, maybe? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That will get me hands from a specific player, even that he didn't show down.

However, is there any way of looking up hands by a palyer who never showed any hands down? Just curious.

I guess once i get a certain number of hands it doesn't matter, since the players will show up eventually.

--Dave.

bozlax
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, is there any way of looking up hands by a palyer who never showed any hands down? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, if he never showed any down, how do you know what he had? PT can only show what's present in hand histories, and if a player folds at any point during a hand the HH won't show his cards.

Now, PT should show you statistics in "General Info" for any player that put money into the pot, whether you see his cards or not. So, even if he never shows down, you should have VPIP, PFR, etc., for any player that's posted a blind or put other money into the pot PF.

Catt
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Assuming you're not saving HHs on observed hands:

You should be seeing stat profiles for all hands dealt to the player (i.e., VPIP, AG Factors, etc.) regardless of folds or otherwise.

You should be seeing actual hands held, position played from, whether raised PF or not, etc., for only those hands that make it to showdown (but won't see the actual play of the hand, like action on the post-flop streets, for example).

You will not be able to see any hand replays without saving the hand histories, and you will have no idea what hands he played except those that make it to showdown plus the knowledge that he played X additional hands that didn't make it to showdown.

I've not tried observing hands and actually saving HHs -- just not sure it's worth it since I won't spend the time to review the HHs to make them worthwhile.