PDA

View Full Version : Table Averages

AngelicPenguin
04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Using GT+ if I see that I have an average PFR of 5% using a non-weighted average, does that mean for the ten people that the hand will be raised on average of 50% of the time? Or is the math more complicated than that?

itsmesteve
04-21-2005, 08:29 PM
it means that the players at the table raise 5% of the hands they've played preflop. its actually less complicated /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AngelicPenguin
04-21-2005, 08:32 PM
I know individually that's true, I was curious if I could take the 50% as an average of any given hand.

elitegimp
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using GT+ if I see that I have an average PFR of 5% using a non-weighted average, does that mean for the ten people that the hand will be raised on average of 50% of the time? Or is the math more complicated than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If 10 people all have a PFR of 5% and are sitting at the same table, there is a (0.95)^10 = 0.599 (60%) chance that the hand is _not_ raised preflop. Hence, there is a 40% chance you do see a raise. (This is just an estimate, because you have to think that whether player A raises / calls / folds will effect whether or not player B raises)

However, GT+ gives you the percentage of hands that were raised, period. So if GT+ says "5%" that means there is a 5% chance that the hand will get raised by someone other than you.

bozlax
04-21-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if GT+ says "5%" that means there is a 5% chance that the hand will get raised by someone other than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it means that 5% of the hands you've seen WERE raised by someone other than you. GT/PT can't take the place of your crystal ball and tarot cards, folks.

itsmesteve
04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WERE raised

[/ QUOTE ]
- i think that's what i meant,