PDA

View Full Version : Overpair on very coordinated board

Arcturus
04-21-2005, 07:57 PM
How long do you hold on to an overpair with a very coordinated board? I was playing in a generally LAG game with 9 others, very low stakes. I was dealt Ks,Kc in UTG+2. UTG calls, UTG+1 folds. I raise. 4 cold calls. The Blinds and UTG call (8 players total). Flop is 6h,7h,8h. Blinds & UTG check. I bet. Two players raise before getting back to me.

Normally, if I had good position, I would make my decision based off of the round's play. What do you do in early position and how long would you hold on?

Note: Sorry about the written out play-by-play, I need to start keeping a hand history.

ArturiusX
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I forbid you to use this username, as people may mistake it for the one great arturius /images/graemlins/cool.gif

In response, I'd drop it on that board with 2 back to me. Its unlikely you have anyone beat who raises/re-raises this board. Wait for the next hand.

moose47
04-21-2005, 08:07 PM
In that case I would not lead out and just hope it gets checked through. This is a good case of waiting for a safe card on the turn to make your move. I definitely fold given the action you describe.

Malachii
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I think betting would is okay since you don't want to give a free card. If it was bet infront of you then I agree, you'd wait until the turn to make your move. Easy fold when it gets back to you.