PDA

View Full Version : El cheapo Car Rental in Vegas

JMP300z
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Any suggestions? Im 21 and will be there for 1 month staying in an extended stay hotel.

Any help appreciated.

-JP

benfranklin
04-21-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions? Im 21 and will be there for 1 month staying in an extended stay hotel.

Any help appreciated.

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you rent a car at 21? The age for most companies used to be higher, but I have no reason to keep track of such things.

There are a number of small rental companies just off the strip that generally have better rates than Hertz/Avis/etc. They all advertise in the free tourist guides that you find at the airport, hotels, etc. Also check the online LV tourist guide. I'm sure they have some info about car rentals.

free=good
04-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Go to cheapovegas.com On the left hand side will be a rental car link. I have gotten a convertible for $19 a day through that site.

BeantownCaller
04-22-2005, 01:18 AM
I thought 25 was car rental age?

neotope
04-22-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It varies a bit by state.

From Budget.com - http://www.budget.com/visitor/questions/us_age_requirements.html
[ QUOTE ]

LAS VEGAS - Minimum age 25 on luxury, premium, van, wagon, SUV, sports car & convertible. Minimum age 23 on all other vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guthrie
04-22-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the major national brands, if you give them a big enough deposit, provide them with lots of information well in advance, pay a higher rate, and probably buy their overpriced insurance, they may rent a car to under 25.

I needed a car for a 21-year-old once for a month and Enterprise would have rented it in her name if I bought their insurance, but I put the contract in my name with her as additional driver and saved a fortune.

I think places like Rent-A-Wreck and clones are even more liberal.

wonderwes
04-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Budget will certainly let you rent a compact car if you are 21. So will dollar. They do differ by states though