PDA

View Full Version : Gamtime+ not seeing my PT databse on remote computer

J_B
04-21-2005, 06:37 PM
I've setup the ODBC sources on the remote machine to my PT db .GT+ does not see the databse. What else do I need to do to have GT see it?

kross
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Actually, GT+ doesn't use the ODBC DSN's, it looks in the PokerTracker registry entries to find the database. Probably the easiest thing to do is export the HKLM/Software/PTrack registry tree to a file on your computer with PT, and import it on your local machine. Then edit the HKLM/Software/PTrack/2DB1/Filename entry on your local computer to point to the database.

That's kind of the high-level overview. If you need step-by-step instructions, let me know.

-- Kevin

J_B
04-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Not working.. file already open error.. Any ideas on that?

J_B
04-22-2005, 02:31 AM
I should mention I am trying to access the with GT+ on 2 computers at the same time.

kross
04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
You can run multiple GT+'s without problem. They all share access to the database. They have to, otherwise PokerTracker wouldn't work.

The File already open error could be a generic access denied error. Make sure you have full read/write access to the file share, and not just read-only. Even though GT+ doesn't write to the database, it tries to open it with full access. I need to change that to open in read-only mode (if possible).

Anyway, there are many people using GT+ to access their databases over a LAN, so I know it works.

J_B
05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
That worked. Say Thank ye.