PDA

View Full Version : Some 1/2 Hands

Isura
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Played about 500 hands of 1/2 last night after a long time away from the limit. Games still pretty loose-passive from what I witnessed.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font> ...

<font color="blue"> I don't think I like this play. Villians bet is pretty mysterious to me (he's a typical loose-passive, but not terrible). I suspect I'm up against atleast 2 pair, or a bluff. How about calling the turn and river if UI. Let the bluff continue to spew chips, and lose the minimum against hands that beat me? </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

<font color="blue"> Villian in the hand has TAG stats FWIW. I haven't seen him do anything tricky yet. Who raises this river? Maybe I gave villian too much credit, but what range of hands is he betting into me on the river after I raise the turn? </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

<font color="blue"> Standard turn fold, or standard call down? Villian is pretty passive. I've seen him limp with monsters preflop. I was considering calling the turn, and folding to a river bet if another overcard came. Thoughts? </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

<font color="blue"> Easy river raise? There's a good chance I'm up against a pure bluff here right? If there's less chance he's bluffing I think I would have raised. Can I call a 3-bet if raised? </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

<font color="blue"> Expert river fold or idiotic? I find bluff-raises on the river are rare at 1/2. I'm figure I'm getting shown : slow-played flopped set, flush, rivered straight or set. Too narrow of a hand range? </font>

LoaferGee12
04-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Hand 1 could go either way. Both raising the turn/betting the river or just calling the turn/river seem fine. The reason I would raise here is to get an extra bet out of an Ax hand (which will be common in this situation).

Hand 2: I liked the 3-bet smoothcall to raise the turn. I think you can raise the river as his bet/3-bet seemed like a bit too much aggression for a FD. I would also expect him to go for the c/r on the river. This can really go either way though.

Hand 3: I think this is a pretty easy fold on the turn.

Hand 4: I play the same way.

Hand 5: Definite call on the river. I really believe you are good 1/11 times here.

kapw7
04-21-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 could go either way. Both raising the turn/betting the river or just calling the turn/river seem fine. The reason I would raise here is to get an extra bet out of an Ax hand (which will be common in this situation).

Hand 2: I liked the 3-bet smoothcall to raise the turn. I think you can raise the river as his bet/3-bet seemed like a bit too much aggression for a FD. I would also expect him to go for the c/r on the river. This can really go either way though.

Hand 3: I think this is a pretty easy fold on the turn.

Hand 4: I play the same way.

Hand 5: Definite call on the river. I really believe you are good 1/11 times here.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Raising is better HU. Agression is the key
2. Wouldn't raise the river
3. I would sometimes C-R the flop. I would definately fold after the turn raise.
4. Call him on the river. If you win you'll know that he's a terrible bluffer. If you raise then you HAVE to know what to do if he 3-bets.
5. I would call with QQ and 13.5:1 pot odds. I suspect this is weak but it's not going to cost me a lot at micros and I can be satisfied that I will lose with honour...

OOps 10.5:1 odds. Folding looks even better now. Forget the honour /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tijean
04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
You gotta play easier hands, man. This sh1t is tough. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hand 1: I think I like the call down line. If you're going to fold to a 3-bet, you put in the same number of chips but you get to see a showdown. What if he just calls here? Do you bet the river if he checks to you? I'd hate to see a c/r.

Hand 2: He certainly played it like a flush draw. I'd call - but I'm still pretty weak on the river.

Hand 3: I play it the same way simply because I don't know what the hell else to do. Jeez, I suck.

Hand 4: He clarkmeistered your ass, buddy! Think he's a lurker here?

Hand 5: I'd call, but like I said - I suck.

Isura
04-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Hand 1: I think I like the call down line. If you're going to fold to a 3-bet, you put in the same number of chips but you get to see a showdown. What if he just calls here? Do you bet the river if he checks to you? I'd hate to see a c/r

I definitely bet the river if he checks (given that I smooth-called the turn).

Hand 4: He clarkmeistered your ass, buddy! Think he's a lurker here?

I think that theorem applies to 4-flush boards on the river. And I don't think villian is good enough to value bet the river (and fold to a raise) with a 1 pair hand.

xenthebrain
04-22-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise that river! Looks like he made his crappy two pair, but nothing better. I don't give him credit for a set, flush or straight in this hand.

thesharpie
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Hand 1 I smooth call the turn and call/bet the river.
Hand 2 I smooth call the river.
Hand 3 I fold the turn unless your read isn't good enough to do this.
Hand 4 I raise the river.
Hand 5 I've gotta call down against an unknown.

ajrenni
04-22-2005, 08:14 AM
In the first hand I like the raise. It is very possible that he is slowplaying you, since that is a very popular move, but he could also be overplaying a dominated hand or a OESD or nothing at all. If he 3-bets you, you can safely fold.

In the second hand, I would cap the flop. Only 99 and 55 beat you at this point. In answer to your question though, given your read, I would just call.

In the third hand I would call the bet and fold the river UI, like you said. I am having a hard time figuring out when the bet/fold line is most appropriate.

In the fourth hand, the looser SB is, the better a raise is. He called your flop bet, so chances are he was not on a flush or straight draw then. I would definitely call if 3-bet. I would think there is at least a 10% chance you are beating A5 or A8.

In the last hand, the pot is big enough that I want to see the showdown. In general, the chances Villain is either bluffing or overplaying something like AT should give you 10.5:1 odds.