PDA

View Full Version : strom thurmond's retirement plans...

scalf
11-08-2002, 05:26 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif one of the gr8est senators, strom, will reluctantly retire in jan...he turns 100 in dec...unlike jerrry ford , who snubbed michigan to live in vail, or reagan dissing illinois for calif; strom will return home to edgefield county.

strom has been living in walter reed hospital the last 2 1/2 years...and will move to edgefield co hospital, where a ward is being renovated for him...gr8 for me as it's right by my office, so if i need some advice, i can just walk in....strom is always ready to help....gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

HDPM
11-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Yep, Strom should be able to straighten you out. Didn't he do like a 3 day filibuster himself in his prime? In the days where you had to stand there and hold the floor with no breaks, not just make procedural moves?

11-09-2002, 12:06 AM
I was in Camden, SC where I used to work in 1968, he came to town and boasted that he could still do more than a hundred pushups and that his secret to his virility was his daily dose of prune juice. He then went on to marry his wife, a 21 year old Miss South Carolina at the time causing quite a stir then. Although I don't agree at all with his ultra conservative politics (moderated since), I think he is a great man worthy of respect and will be missed.