PDA

View Full Version : KQo

wuarhg
04-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Haven't played alot with villain (UTG) but he seems to have some donkish tendencies.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets...intending to call a raise.

UncleSalty
04-21-2005, 12:21 PM
This looks like a pretty standard application of WA/WB, no?

D.H.
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks like a pretty standard application of WA/WB, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does WA/WB mean?

/newbie?

UncleSalty
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
"Way ahead/Way Behind"

You use this line when you want to maximize your earn if you're ahead, but minimize your loss if you're behind. In full games, when you're HU and OOP the line goes:

Check/Call, Check/Call, Bet...and then either call or fold to a raise depending on situation and table reads.

Can any experienced HUSH folks comment on whether this line is standard at 6-max? I've only got about 2K hands. (Of course, I'm running at about 13BB/100, so clearly I'm a genius.) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fabian
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I probably fold this on the flop.

mperich
04-21-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold this on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not, I play it like this.

-Mike

kiddo
04-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Fold or attack because if u are behind u are way behind and he will hopefully tell you. This time hero hit turn but normally not and then what if u called flop? Nothing new on turn so call again? Dont like that line.

wuarhg
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold or attack because if u are behind u are way behind and he will hopefully tell you. This time hero hit turn but normally not and then what if u called flop? Nothing new on turn so call again? Dont like that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet or checkraise? If you bet out and get raised, you fold? Ofcourse you do not do something everytime but just an example.

Wynton
04-21-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the flop call. Assuming your opponent does not have an A, then you have the six outs for your K and Q, plus outside shots at a straight and flush. With the six outs alone, I'd be folding, but perhaps the outside draws make it worthwhile, particularly if you include the possibility that your opponent (if weak/tight) could get scared that you have an A.

In any event, my second thought was to raise the turn, and fold to a raise. But I guess that costs you the same as the line you took. So perhaps you played it best.

Fabian
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm not completely sure what you mean here, but if I understand correctly you think check calling the flop is the worst line, in which case I agree.

UncleSalty
04-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Is a c/r better than a bet on the flop? What is the purpose of flop aggression here? (Value, or to find out where we stand while it's still cheap?)