PDA

View Full Version : Why you don't play poker drunk and tired

LotsOfOuts69
04-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Playing 5-10 at foxwoods, with a kill if there is a $100 pot. Game starts out with basically one guy raising and everyone folding to the blinds. Booo. I need to fix this.

I do my part to try to make the game more loose by limping with crap in early positions, a few new guys show up at the table and after about 2 hours and 6 beers now we have 6 to a flop for max one raise. Perfect.

Any way we're in a kill pot and the guy with the kill button is in MP and has put in his $20 straddle. I'm in the BB (which is sill only $5) we get a couple early "limpers" for $20. (this is awesome) 5 guys in to me with A2 clubs. I'm in, pot = $120

flop is 992 rainbow. I bet out, get 2 calls, including kill button boy. Pot = $150

Turn is a 9. I bet again($20), 1 fold, kill boy raises, I say crap(under my breath) and I call. Pot = $240

River is a 6. I check, kill boy bets, I call. Pot = $280

He flips over A6. I can't believe my horrid luck, and quickly muck my hand.

Kill boy is stacking his chips and I say "Nice Hand". He says to me, "Thanks, I was worried you were going to show me a duece".

I say, "No, I did have the duece"

He says" you did?" and then gives me this look...and then goes completely silent.

A overwhelming rush comes over me, the kind of rush where some guy is about to make your car payment for the month ($240) as long as you don't muck your winning full house when the guy probably only had A8 instead of A6.

I feel like I just got punched.

Still won $300 that night.

--LoO

Yobz
04-21-2005, 11:40 AM
I mucked trip Ks on a 4-straight board because i thought i saw the card cross table. turns out she had nothing, 5-10 B&M also, pretty big pot