PDA

View Full Version : Min. Raise and PFR%

MikeL
04-21-2005, 11:21 AM
After tracking my last 6K or 7K of hands, I noticeds that
my PFR% would probably categorize me as "passive." I am
running about a 3% on PFR%. My VP$IP% is about 18, and I
am fine with that.

Do y'all min. raise some hands just to jack up your PFR%?
Or am I just not playing enough hand aggressive, pre-flop?

Regards,
Mike L.

DoomSlice
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm at about 35VPIP and 15PFR... but I'm a loose goose and play only 6-max.

Start raising more with suited-connectors or mid-small pocket pairs from late position, for deception purposes. It is INCREDIBLY easy to spot a rock at the game and stay out of his way... at least in my opinion.

EDIT: Don't min-raise them though, you're gonna want to win the pot preflop a fair amount of times!

etgryphon
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do y'all min. raise some hands just to jack up your PFR%?
Or am I just not playing enough hand aggressive, pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of a worst reason to minraise than trying to jack up your PT stats. You may need to be more aggressive for the fact that it is good poker. I think the only times that I minraise is with multiway pots in LP with drawing hands on a loose-passive table with a deep stack to bloat the pot because it might give me the odds to draw for the turn for free or a small bet.

-Gryph

MikeL
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of a worst reason to minraise than trying to jack up your PT stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not suggesting that I do this! I am just trying
to figure out why my PFR% is so low. I also
understand that I am (shudder to say it) a rock. I want
to change this, since I am only averaging about 1BB/100
or so. I am sure with these tables that increasing my
profit is probably linked with increasing my PFR%. I just
want to know with what hands I should be more aggressive.

Thanks,
Mike L.

-Skeme-
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
My PF9 is kinda low and auto-rate says I'm TP Pre but Agg post. I've been limping in with PPs I normally raise with in most positions. I used to raise 77-88 UTG, but now I'll limp. Limp with 99, and sometimes I'll limp with TT. Depends on the table.

My VP$IP is at like 12 or something. I'm a tighty.

etgryphon
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Mike,

I didn't say you did this. I was using the euphamistic "you" as in no one in particular. I would hope that you wouldn't do this. I don't know throw a couple of raises in there with 78s-TJs in late position. Throws raises in there with 99+ sometimes. This should suffiently jack up your stats and add some flavor to your play that not too dangerous.

One of my points is that there is very FEW time to use the minraise, I personally almost never use it, so think of the other ways to be more aggressive than think of the minraise.

-Gryph

swolfe
04-21-2005, 11:56 AM
no, what you should start doing (if you're comfortable with your post-flop play) is raising more hands like pocket pairs and suited connectors in position. raise them just the same as you would if you held AA. it helps your shania.

also, you should be able to do fairly well with nut peddling. i was making 6PTBB/100 with stats of 12/3 when i was playing the party $25 and $50.

it's when you are playing against players that will NOTICE how tight you are that you have to add shania and care about what your image is.