PDA

View Full Version : Intellectual Whores

_2000Flushes
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Moozh posted this link deep within a thread a few months ago, but it didn't get the attention it deserved.

Link. (http://www.intellectualwhores.com/whyiw.html)

"Why Intellectual Whores?

This term is often misunderstood so I thought I would take a moment to explain what it means and where it came from. This should also help you determine if you are an intellectual whore yourself.

In 1978 the great Woody Allen published a book called Getting Even. In it was a story called "The Whore of Mensa." It was about men who were dating beautiful but stupid women, and had to hire whores to talk to them about intellectual topics. Although the term is not used in the story, I've always thought of that as an "intellectual whore." So this planted the seed of the term.

Later in life I started encountering a certain breed of woman. To begin with they never wanted to sleep with me. Now, this by itself is okay--not all women will want to sleep with me. However, this particular breed wanted to have me around to talk to and to make them laugh, because I was so "entertaining" and "funny." Some of them went so far as to describe our relationship as that of "friends", and a few even had the audacity to talk to me about problems they had with other guys.

Later I realized what had been happening. I was being used for their amusement and entertainment while they were busy fuc[/b]king outlaw bikers. Of course they weren't interested in me sexually; they were too busy with guys with forearm tattoos. But apparently they still needed some intellectual stimulation. That's when they would call me with an opening line like "Tell me something interesting." or some other not-to-subtle line. I recalled the term intellectual whore and applied it to this situation. These women had made me into their intellectual whore. Since then I have dedicated a large part of my life to avoiding this trap, and the various bitches that try to put you in it.

In short, it does not refer to a "smart slut" as it were, but rather to males who are kept around by women for their mental entertainment. These men usually want to sleep with these women who usually consider these men friends." --Dallas Lynn

Brilliant.

-2kF

Soul Daddy
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Well at least now I know what to call myself as it relates to the women I fall for. Thanks

Yobz
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Brilliant. Although I enjoy being a whore...if I want a woman to sleep with, I go to a party

tek
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Perhaps they thought you were gay.

Yobz
04-21-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps they thought you were gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isnt directed at me, but women have admitted to me that they thought I was gay...this is generally told to me right after good sex (true story)

jakethebake
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't know if I belive there are women that are smart enough to need this kind of mental stimulation. Perhaps they just like to think they do.

Duke
04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I belive there are women that are smart enough to need this kind of mental stimulation. Perhaps they just like to think they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding.

This sort of woman is of average intelligence, and fancies herself above average. She'll read Dostoyevsky just so she can talk about it and sound intellectual. She loves to talk about politics because to an idiot it sounds like an educated topic.

They're basically the same as idiot guys who wish they were smart and try to put on an air.

~D

Yobz
04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hags who want you because they think you are gay, then bone you when they find out you are not. You should try it, works well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ripdog
04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. We've really lowered the bar for brilliance here. How long did it take for this jackass to figure out what was happening? Quoting Duke:

[ QUOTE ]
They're basically the same as idiot guys who wish they were smart and try to put on an air.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this doesn't apply to the crapola that Dallas Lynn signed his name to, I don't what does. There is nothing in Lynn's piece that sounds brilliant to me. It really sounds like a case of sour grapes with a pathetic attempt to salvage what's left of his self esteem.

_2000Flushes
04-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Ripdog, you're pretty easily threatened, aren't you?

-2kF

ripdog
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Threatened? What the hell are you talking about? I'm just pointing out that this piece is not brilliant, but it does shed some light on the psychological make up of its author. It sounds like this guy can't get laid, so he tries to portray himself as some sort of intellectual so he can feel better about himself. That's pathetic, not brilliant.

Wayfare
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Threatened? What the hell are you talking about? I'm just pointing out that this piece is not brilliant, but it does shed some light on the psychological make up of its author. It sounds like this guy can't get laid, so he tries to portray himself as some sort of intellectual so he can feel better about himself. That's pathetic, not brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mean.

_2000Flushes
04-22-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being mean is just a byproduct of feeling threatened.

-2kF