PDA

View Full Version : MULTITABLE BANKROLL SIZE

Nalapoint1
04-21-2005, 05:54 AM
What size bankroll do you need to multitable 5/10, 10/20, and 15/30? Are the suggested 300BB bankrolls per table or per limit? I would like to try it at one of the limits i mention above. I currently play 15/30 single table only.

Nfinity
04-21-2005, 06:03 AM
The 300BB recommendation is the minimum recommended BR. More is obviously better.

As for what is recommended for Multi-tabling, it kind of depends on how many tables. If you 30 table then 300BB is obviously not enough.

Rudbaeck
04-21-2005, 06:26 AM
300BB is a small but adequate beginning bankroll for a proven winner. It has to grow, the idea is that it is bloated before you have your first 500BB downswing...

If you want a static bankroll I'd go with 1000-1500BB or so.

TStoneMBD
04-21-2005, 06:45 AM
500BBs is good if you have steady income and this is floating money. if this is all the money that you own you want 1000-2000BBs.

Nalapoint1
04-21-2005, 06:50 AM
HOW MUCH PER TABLE?

Sheriff Fatman
04-21-2005, 07:11 AM
In theory the fact that you multitable doesn't impact on the 300BB recommendation as you're simply playing the hands at a particular level faster than you would by single tabling.

Also, in theory, provided that your win-rate doesn't suffer too much from multitabling, your swings should be less from mulitabling as the 'extreme' sessions will most likely be compensated by the more normal events at other tables.

However, you're still very much in the hands of short-term variance in any multitable session and it is still possible that you will get 4 simultaneous nightmare sessions happening at the same time (assuming 4 tables). When you do it'll be expensive and the mental aspects of such a big loss in a short period of time can be hard to deal with so look out for signs of tilt.

I've multitabled (usually 3 or 4 tables) comfortably with 300BB's, although 'more is better' as others have indicated and for volatile limits, such as short-handed or Party $15/30 full, 300BB's might not be adequate.

Unless you're doing a ridiculous number of tables you will be fine in most cases. However, you're not completely safe (but then again nor would you be if you were single-tabling with 300BB's) so you must be prepared to drop back if the worst happens.

Sheriff

Rudbaeck
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In theory the fact that you multitable doesn't impact on the 300BB recommendation as you're simply playing the hands at a particular level faster than you would by single tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost entirely certain his win rate drops some and standard deviation goes up some. The 300BB rule of thumb is for a 3BB/100 winner with a SD around 16BB/100 or so. (Which is right about equal to a 1BB/h B&M player.)

And even then it's the starting point, and makes the implicit assumption that you reinvest the entire 3BB/100 in the bankroll until it's bloated like one of those people they have to tear down a wall and use a forklift to get out of their houses.

Sheriff Fatman
04-21-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
until it's bloated like one of those people they have to tear down a wall and use a forklift to get out of their houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the true 'online poker pros'?

Sheriff