PDA

View Full Version : Future of 2+2??

MommaHelmuth
04-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Alrite, I know I have one other post but anyway I have a serious question: Is it just me or has the quality of 2+2 decreased? Have the fish invaded 2+2? I can only name a handful of respectable posters who post regularly: ie. Irie, Scuba, usher... sorry if i left u out, there are def others. Anyone else feel this way?

-mH

PS: Raptor = the shizz /images/graemlins/smile.gif..although I do wonder if he ever does anything besides poker. holla.

kyro
04-21-2005, 02:03 AM
It seems odd you'd post in this forum considering some of the best advice is offered here.

wuwei
04-21-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems odd you'd post in this forum considering some of the best advice is offered here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also seems odd that someone who does nothing to contribute would complain about the quality of the contributions around here.

raptor517
04-21-2005, 02:06 AM
in addition to playing poker, i also lose money playing xbox. holla

citanul
04-21-2005, 02:07 AM
new players come and post, thus, density of good players decreases, thus perceived "quality of 2+2" decreases. in long run, new people get better, or leave, but also more new players join forum. there is always, and has always, been a balance of veterans and noobs on this forum, except possibly at the very beginning. the goal of the proprietors of this site is to have it grow over time, and to do that you have to add inexperienced players.

citanul

The Yugoslavian
04-21-2005, 02:17 AM
You're just bitter you didn't get mentioned in one of my Haikus. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gotta post more homey...

Also, how can anyone who drops $1250 in like 2 hours in a video game be considered 'the shizz'?!!? I would like that stricken from the record, please.

Also, the STT forum is the best kept secret on this thing....aside from perhaps the Mid-High (and MTT somewhat) forum I can't think of any that offer anything close to the same caliber of home-grown advice/thinking/strategy.

I'm biased on this issue, btw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

citanul
04-21-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're just bitter you didn't get mentioned in one of my Haikus. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, but i am!

fortunately, i was mentioned in irie's post recently, so i can be happy about that.

citanul

Apathy
04-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Man, first I get no Yugo Haiku, now this? damn, I'm hurt.

TheUsher
04-21-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alrite, I know I have one other post but anyway I have a serious question: Is it just me or has the quality of 2+2 decreased? Have the fish invaded 2+2? I can only name a handful of respectable posters who post regularly: ie. Irie, Scuba, usher... sorry if i left u out, there are def others. Anyone else feel this way?

-mH

PS: Raptor = the shizz /images/graemlins/smile.gif..although I do wonder if he ever does anything besides poker. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I gotta say that I am in no way connected to the original poster so I'm surprised as hell to be included in the short list. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I really doubt I'm respectable though so I'm wondering where the list came from. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quality of 2+2 seems the same for my relatively short experience here, as there's always a mixture of players on the board with different levels of understanding on SNG knowledge, and I'll admit that I still have tons to learn.

Maulik
04-21-2005, 02:40 AM
I take a holiday off, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I've got so much reading to do.

johnnybeef
04-21-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, but i am!

fortunately, i was mentioned in irie's post recently, so i can be happy about that.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

and even though i frequently have an occasional beef (sorry for the reference) with the way you handle people around here, you can take comfort in the fact that when you do actually make a thread about strategy, it tends to be as solid as anyone elses on this forum.

ChrisV
04-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I notice the quality of 2+2 has decreased markedly because I haven't posted here for a couple months.

Shouts to my homies.
CV representin' the old school.

The Yugoslavian
04-21-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I notice the quality of 2+2 has decreased markedly because I haven't posted here for a couple months.

Shouts to my homies.
CV representin' the old school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, what kind of Pooh-bah tribute post did I write if I left off ChrisV?!

I may be sleepy but I'm givin' this a go anyways:

215s your vice?
ChrisV's anlaysis: nice.
Rep Aussie fo' life!

Yugoslav

Mr_J
04-21-2005, 03:50 AM
"Have the fish invaded 2+2?"

Are you calling me a fish?

johnnybeef
04-21-2005, 04:01 AM
part of the reason that it has lost some quality is because of posts like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=tv&Number=2186339&Foru m=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2 186339&Search=true&where=&Name=33070&daterange=&ne werval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post2186339)

Pepsquad
04-21-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
part of the reason that it has lost some quality is because of posts like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=tv&Number=2186339&Foru m=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2 186339&Search=true&where=&Name=33070&daterange=&ne werval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post2186339)

[/ QUOTE ]

SNAP!

lorinda
04-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Is it just me or has the quality of 2+2 decreased?

When you are a good enough player to judge for yourself, then you can move up a limit.

Lori

Newt_Buggs
04-21-2005, 05:03 AM
I haven't been here very long (couldn't legally play poker for very long) but have found this forum extremly useful. I used to visit several other poker forums, such as cardplayers, and found it atrocious.

MommaHelmuth
04-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Haha I see Johnnys got beef with my ONe other post in probly the most useless forum on this site haha. ANd yes people, i KNOW the STT forum is the shizz like Raptor. Thats why I posted it here - to see what the good players think. Oh by the way..Apathy I love you too.
and Usher - this is why u made the list Usher (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=187 6456&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,&Words=&Searchpage=15&Limit=25&Main=1876456&Sea rch=true&where=&Name=29587&daterange=&newerval=&ne wertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post187645 6)

Also, This (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=200 5948&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=12&Limit=25&Main=20049 87&Search=true&where=&Name=29587&daterange=&newerv al=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post 2005948)
-mH

wootwoot.

MommaHelmuth
04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Also, I am tempted to suspect that theUsher has nice abs.

mH

wootwoot.

stigmata
04-21-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the STT forum is the best kept secret on this thing....aside from perhaps the Mid-High (and MTT somewhat) forum I can't think of any that offer anything close to the same caliber of home-grown advice/thinking/strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a rank outsider of the STT, and a general lurker for most of the 2+2 forums, I can offer my unbiased opinion:

The above statement is entirely true.

Holla /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Alpha Fhish
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
I agree, Raptor is cool:)

-Fhish

microbet
04-21-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
respectable posters who post regularly: ie. Irie

[/ QUOTE ]

Today's trolls are evenly divided. Oh yeah, the other one recinded.