PDA

View Full Version : (SPOILER) Anakin Skywalker just before donning the Darth Vader suit

Dynasty
04-21-2005, 01:52 AM
I thought this image of Anakin just before getting his new suit was nasty.

Again, this is a spoiler for Revenge of the Sith

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/ScorchedVader.jpg

Obi-Wan really f***s Anakin up by chopping off both his legs and his one remaining real arm (his other arm was lost in Attack of the Clones. Then, Anakin falls into molten lava.

mauisupaman
04-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Dynasty,
How'd you get access to that?

a500lbgorilla
04-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I've just decided this movie is going to kick ass.

Dynasty
04-21-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How'd you get access to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw it on a sci-fi/fantasy forum. I'm not sure where it officially came from.

peachy
04-21-2005, 02:42 AM
hahah dang it!!! i looked thinkin it was gonna be some stupid picture making fun of it!!

cold_cash
04-21-2005, 02:47 AM
I wonder why Obi-Wan didn't just finish the job by lopping his head off, rather than cutting off all of his non-essential appendages. He could have saved the universe a whole bunch of trouble.

What a loser.

Chaostracize
04-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Yeah, supposedly first two movies were just written to set up this one.

We will see. Although I hear Mace's death scene is going to be unreal.

oreogod
04-21-2005, 03:03 AM
actually my bro just read the novel adaptation. Obiwan was going to finish the job, but anakin slid down an incline near the lava and a shuttle containing the emperors guards was coming down out of the atmosphere or something and obi wan had to book it, figureing the force will will its own way, meaning if he is to survive then he will survive, if he dies he dies sort of mumbo jumbo.

If u want more spoliers, for anything in the movie here u go, just scan through the site.

link (http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/)

mauisupaman
04-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Looks cool. Can't wait till it's out.

jnalpak
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I cant wait till these maniacs start waiting online at the ziegfeld...

Dynasty
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fans already started lining up outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre more than a week ago.

One problem- Revenge of the Sith won't be playing there. The Star Wars fans decided to stay in line as a protest.

Variety.com Story (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117920656?categoryid=1236&cs=1&s=h&p=0)

peachy
04-21-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fans already started lining up outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre more than a week ago.

One problem- Revenge of the Sith won't be playing there. The Star Wars fans decided to stay in line as a protest.

Variety.com Story (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117920656?categoryid=1236&cs=1&s=h&p=0)

[/ QUOTE ]

do they have no jobs?? lifes?? wtf

fnord_too
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Star Wars fans decided to stay in line as a protest.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't heard that part, that is hysterical! Just wtf are they protesting, and who are they protesting too? "The Life of Brian" gets less absurdist with each passing day...

ThaSaltCracka
04-21-2005, 07:09 PM
this has been out for a while.

wacki
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof that humans are random mutations and not products of intelligent design.

Blarg
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Okay, who's up for a midnight water balloon drive-by on these guys?

jaybee_70
04-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate myself for not being able to bypass a look.

Joe

Dominic
04-21-2005, 08:22 PM
this is about as interesting to me as if you had posted something about the new Pokemon movie.

It's a kid's movie, guys. It ain't Shakespeare and it ain't Joeseph Campbell, no matter how many film school drop outs tell you it is.

Blarg
04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I have to agree. None of these movies was all that good.

dr_venkman
04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
ROTS is going to be very short. Lucas admitted to cutting much of the film for the sole purpose of having it be able to be shown more times throughout the day and thereby increasing box office sales. The guy is a greedy bastard, a self important mediocre film maker, and I lose more respect for him the more I hear about him.

I like the Star Wars trilogy because I recall it from my childhood (I remember seeing Empire and Jedi on the big screen) and associate it with space and science fiction/fantasy which I've always had an interest in. The newly released trilogy (Parts 1-3) interest me only in following Anakin's life and downfall which is a story told many times over and interests us all in some form or fashion. Cheap special effects aside, Darth Vader as a lightsaber weilding villian and the conflict between father and son is about as good as it gets, Shakespeare or not. I'm not comparing the language skills of Lucas and Bill, but the actual story.

While I think Episode 3 will appeal to a wider range of audience because of the violence, I'm not real eager to see it in the theatre for that very same reason.

deacsoft
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I thought I remembered Anakin getting into a speeder-bike accident years ago when reading the book. I thought that was the cause of his injuries.

Dynasty
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ROTS is going to be very short. Lucas admitted to cutting much of the film for the sole purpose of having it be able to be shown more times throughout the day and thereby increasing box office sales. The guy is a greedy bastard, a self important mediocre film maker, and I lose more respect for him the more I hear about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because you're hearing stuff that's made up.

I believe Revenge of the Sith is going to be about 2 1/2 hours. It could end up being the longest of the Star Wars films.

Dynasty
04-21-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought I remembered Anakin getting into a speeder-bike accident years ago when reading the book. I thought that was the cause of his injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. The volcano/molten lava thing has always been part of the unofficial story.

Sponger15SB
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I did that to all the nerds at my local movie theater when I was in high school while they were waiting in line the night of the first movie.

TP FOOTBALL RULES!

dr_venkman
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I've read the script (113 pages) and it's not that long. And I did hear George Lucas say that himself so how is that a rumor?

SithLord69
04-22-2005, 01:44 AM
In the Return of the Jedi novel Obi Wan tells Luke that he knocked Anakin into a pit of molten lava (the scene on Dagobah where Obi Wans' apparition is talking to Luke after Yoda dies).

vulturesrow
04-22-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I did that to all the nerds at my local movie theater when I was in high school while they were waiting in line the night of the first movie.

TP FOOTBALL RULES!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow how cool.

Shakezula
04-22-2005, 05:05 PM
And to think, rumor has it (doesn't it always?) that if this one makes money, the 7th, 8th, and 9th movies will be made. It would be a good set-up: have the same actors return for their parts, because the later series concerns their lives and their children. Only...bless her heart, Carrie Fisher would have to get into physical shape. Can't have someone strong with the Force "going to pot"...

Blarg
04-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Her face definitely shows the years. No idea what her body looks like now, but she used to have an unbelievably great body.

Dynasty
04-22-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And to think, rumor has it (doesn't it always?) that if this one makes money, the 7th, 8th, and 9th movies will be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumors are unfounded.

However, there is going to be a Star Wars TV series. It's expected to start in the fall of 2006. A premise for the show hasn't yet been decided upon but it'll probably be set in between Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars.

Besides, there's no question the film will make enormous money. Attack of the Clones grossed $648 million worldwide. The budget was only $120 million.

TheCodeDog
04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
At least according to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/), the runtime is listed at 146 mintutes. Could be inaccurate, though.

Dynasty
04-22-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least according to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/), the runtime is listed at 146 mintutes. Could be inaccurate, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about what I had heard elsewhere. For some reason, I couldn't find it on imdb yesterday.

146 minutes would make it the longest of the Star Wars films.

The Phantom Menace: 133 minutes
Attack of the Clones: 143 minutes
Star Wars: 125 minutes
The Empire Strikes Back: 127 minutes
Return of the Jedi: 136 minutes

ArchAngel71857
04-22-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And to think, rumor has it (doesn't it always?) that if this one makes money, the 7th, 8th, and 9th movies will be made. It would be a good set-up: have the same actors return for their parts, because the later series concerns their lives and their children. Only...bless her heart, Carrie Fisher would have to get into physical shape. Can't have someone strong with the Force "going to pot"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there originally screenplays for the 7th, 8th and 9th parts that Timothy Zahn tunred into novels?

Or did they become the tv movies known as "the Ewok Adventures."

-AA

peachy
04-22-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't there originally screenplays for the 7th, 8th and 9th parts that Timothy Zahn tunred into novels?

Or did they become the tv movies known as "the Ewok Adventures."

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

i luv EWOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr_venkman
04-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Don't know about novels but super shadow (http://supershadow.com/) alleges to have early treatments of episodes 7,8 and 9. For whatever it's worth. SS could be full of it but he seems to have access to stuff only someone very close to production could have. Maybe he is on the Dark Horse staff.

Looks like IMDB says it's 146 minutes. We'll see at release time but is that's accurate then I apologize. I'm sure I heard GL mention this would be short. Maybe he meant short-er than what it was before editing at like 186 minutes or something.

Dynasty
04-23-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know about novels but super shadow (http://supershadow.com/) alleges to have early treatments of episodes 7,8 and 9. For whatever it's worth. SS could be full of it but he seems to have access to stuff only someone very close to production could have. Maybe he is on the Dark Horse staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supershadow has a very bad reputation on the net. He regularly posts about "insider" information which ends up being completley false

Dynasty
04-23-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were no screenplays for 7-9. Zahn's work is completely orginal.

Lucas stated in the late '70s and early '80s that he wanted to make nine Star Wars movies. After he became exhausted with the first three, he didn't plan to make any more. Eventually, he got motivated again and made Episodes 1-3.

Now, Lucas claims that he always intended to make just six films.

Dynasty
04-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Concerning Vader's injury and health, this is about as official and detailed as it gets.

Inuries of Darth Vader (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html) on theforce.net

RustedCorpse
04-24-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen mark Hamill's face? I mean there's a reason he does animation voices these days.

Dynasty
04-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Here's a photo I've never seen before. I believe it's from a 1983 Rolling Stone publicity shoot.

Father and daughter at the beach

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/beach2.jpg