PDA

View Full Version : session length vote

Warren Whitmore
11-08-2002, 09:56 AM
Sadly /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I dont think my staying power at the tables is as good as I had thought it was prior to crunching the numbers. Here's the question if you earn 1 BB per hour (limit irrelevent) how many hours can you play before that number drops to <$0?

AcesUp
11-08-2002, 02:01 PM
This type of thing is something that is obviously going to be player-specific. Some players are going to be more sharp early on, and then have their skills deteriorate quickly, while others will be able to play for long periods of time without getting tired or needing a prolonged break.

While I win >1BB/hour, according to my records, I am a losing player for those sessions where I play fewer than 4 hours. My hourly expectation is also substantially lower for those sessions where I play greater than 10 hours (and no, I won't play marathon sessions just to get unstuck).

But, I maximize my earn for sessions between 4-10 hours. So, for me at least, there's not a linear decline in ability throughout a session, though I do seem to have my upper limit.