PDA

View Full Version : Is marketing for Party a really lucrative endevour?

TStoneMBD
04-21-2005, 12:25 AM
A highly respected poster here recently messaged me wanted to make partners with me in recruiting other people to Party. I really have no idea why it is that he wants me as a partner, other than that he says I am motivated and think outside the box. He says that he has some good ideas and shared them with me. However, I really don't know what the turnover rate would be and whether or not these players would play long enough under our referral code to make it worth our while.

If I were to pass out business cards to other players, and people around my local area, how lucrative would this be? Is it worth my time and energy? How many people involved in Party affiliation make a posh lifestyle out of it?

We would not be offering rakeback to players, only a bonus code, along with a possible signup bonus issued by us of somesort.

For each person referred, what do you think their average life expectancy would be? What would their average MGR per month be? Clearly this is all dependant upon who the client is, so what would the MGR/life expectancy be of the following people:

An average losing player from B&M
A winning B&M player
A teenager who plays homegame $10 tournaments
A random guy at a local bar

Obviously, its all profit with little expense, so there is nothing to lose other than our time. However, since we are already doing well financially, wouldn't it make more sense to simply hire a young kid who is too dumb to signup as an affiliate for himself and pay him half commission for each turnover he gets?

Anyone have any excellent ideas that they are willing to share for recruiting players?

pokerrookie
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Instead of a cash bonus, give them a copy of Lee Jones. Suggest that they dont play until they have read and understand it. Also, offer to stay in touch with them if they should ever need advice on how to win. The half that follow your directions will do well, and i imagine, generate substantial money for you.

Losing all
04-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm not an affiliate and don't know for sure how much the big ones make, but it's an ass load. You might(will) find that they don't like to give many tips to possible competition.

sublime
04-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Instead of a cash bonus, give them a copy of Lee Jones. Suggest that they dont play until they have read and understand it. Also, offer to stay in touch with them if they should ever need advice on how to win. The half that follow your directions will do well, and i imagine, generate substantial money for you

thats a good idea if the person is really interested and you perhaps know them. its impossible to do that on a large public marketing scale though.

astroglide
04-21-2005, 12:57 AM
i don't touch affiliating because it's a clear promotion/profit from an unsanctioned gaming site, aka big-time felony

TStoneMBD
04-21-2005, 01:00 AM
wow i never realized this. you mean you could actually get thrown into jail for handing out party poker business cards?

astroglide
04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
the only people who are aggressively pursued are operators and promoters. you can look up your state's gambling laws at http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Laws/ and make your own interpretation. pretty clear to me in all cases i've read. odds are still low of getting pursued, but if you do it's an open-and-shut case.

sublime
04-21-2005, 01:27 AM
yeah but is it lucrative? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif