PDA

View Full Version : NLH at the Lucky Lady (San Diego)

The_Good_Dr
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Live NLH 1-3 blinds 200 max buy-in. I had been playing with the same people for about an hour, when the table opened. I had about 180 in front of me.

I was in the BB with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded to MP2 who limped. Button called. SB folded. I check.

MP2 ($130) had been showing down fairly decent hands since we started. Nothing too ugly, but liked connectors and suited cards in any position. Had raised only once pre-flop and showed KK when he picked up the blinds.

Button (130) was someone I had played with last night. Younger guy that played weaktight. Did not like calling ANY raises without a very strong hand and would not chase draws without good pot odds. Decent bets could push him around.

Pot- $6 (after drop)
Flop came 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I felt like this was a good flop for me. I wanted to represent that I was slowplaying a duece so I planned to check-call the flop and either check-raise the turn or bet out depending on what fell.

Checked to Button and he bets out $5. I call. MP2 raises to $35. Button thinks for 20 secs and folds. I think of possible hands: A2s, AT,QT, TJ, T9. Unlikely a smaller pair because I did not think he was capable of check raising with an underpair. An overpair was unlikely because he probably would have raised PF with Jacks or higher.

Pot- $51
What is my play here? Do I fold and just let the hand go and move on? Is calling an option? Should I put him all-in and let him decide if I was slow playing a duece or have a better T or bluffing?

joewatch
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Fold as fast as you can. The better move would have been to lead out, fold to a raise. Avoid slow-playing/bluffing without position.

Oh, BTW, how do you like Lucky Lady? I am going to be in SD in 2 months. Everyone says I should go to Sycuan for NL.

The_Good_Dr
04-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Why should I fold? I'm really only worried about A2 or AT. The other very possible hands I put him on I have beat. He genuinely looked scared when I was thinking about what to do...

Lucky Lady is a decent card club. Has five tables. Usually two 3-6 games, a 4-8, and 8-16, all kill games. Usually there is a 10-20 lowball game in the morning that breaks around noon. They have one NLH table that they just started spreading a couple of weeks ago. The players are pretty weak with a lot of gamble in them. There are many players that play there a lot and most of them are long-time losers. Just beware of several maniacs that can really drown you if they are catching cards. It just depends on how much driving you want to do. Driving to Sycuan from the freeway is kind of boring. Ocean's 11 has good NLH games going. They have lots of weak cheap ones, and several bigger decent games. Food is better and cheaper there.

joewatch
04-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks buddy, I will check out Ocean's.

doubleplus
04-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Based on your read, I'd say A-10 is definitely a danger. Regardless, I'd probably call and check to him on the turn and fold to a healthy bet UI. But then I'm not playing at $200 level so don't listen to me.

I live in SD (Hillcrest), and I've never heard of the LL. I've never played live before, either, aside from tournament games at Viejas. Is this a card-room?

There are a bunch of people from here on 2+2 and the online rooms, I've noticed.

joewatch
04-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I think if you think that guy looks scared, this is the time to go all-in. Smell fear, go for the kill.

The_Good_Dr
04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I moved all in and he called pretty quickly. I asked him if he had a two and he said yes as he turned over T9 offsuit. Blanks came on turn and river and I won a nice pot. He was a very typical person in this game and throughout the cardroom. Weak and willing to gamble.

Lucky Lady is off of El Cajon Blvd. About 4 blocks south of College Ave on the right hand side. Be prepared to wait awhile for a game if you get there in the late afternoon. You can call ahead and put your name on the list. I highly advise this. Good luck.