PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb computer (MS Word) question

Yobz
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while, but I have been unable to find such a function in MS Word 2003. I want the footer on every page to be different, not just different from the first page or different odd/even pages, I want every page to be different.

Can it be done? (I need this because the first half of my report needs to be numbered using roman numberals and the second half needs regular number numbering)

ThaSaltCracka
04-20-2005, 11:30 PM
you should be able to edit each header and footer individually.

Yobz
04-20-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should be able to edit each header and footer individually.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I change 1 header or footer (I really only care about footers), every other footer changes to be the exact same thing.

ThaSaltCracka
04-20-2005, 11:34 PM
hmmm....perhaps it is only headers that can be edited for each page.

Beerfund
04-20-2005, 11:42 PM
I think you can format page numbers to start and end on just that page so just do it for each individual one.

Yobz
04-20-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can format page numbers to start and end on just that page so just do it for each individual one.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do that? Seems like you can declare sections or something like that, how you do that?

Leo99
04-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Use section breaks to separate the different header/footer parts. Make sure you unselect the "same as previous" in the header/footer toolbar. That will allow you to have similar headers within each section but different headers from section to section. Using the setup function you can change the page numbering and style. You don't really want every page to be different, you want it different section by section, right?

Rhone
04-21-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Use section breaks to separate the different header/footer parts. Make sure you unselect the "same as previous" in the header/footer toolbar. That will allow you to have similar headers within each section but different headers from section to section.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer.

1. Insert, break, next page
2. view, header/footer
3. deselect same as previous, and enter the new footer

Leo99
04-21-2005, 01:23 AM
This is also useful if you want to swtich from portrait to landscape in the same document.

JaBlue
04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
instead of wasting an hour trying to figure this out, print it out without the footers and just write it in pen yourself. your prof won't care.