PDA

View Full Version : AQ hand

krishanleong
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

God I play weird. I know I'm way ahead on the flop. I figured I could wait until the turn for value. It's not a drawy flop so I don't see why he wouldn't bet the turn. But he didn't /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

River pairs the board and SB leads, BB calls and the action is on me. I thought about raising. I wasn't sure how to interpret BB's call. Should this make me more or less likely to raise? Thanks for the comments.

Krishan

mungpo
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Reraise on the flop.

spamuell
04-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I wasn't sure how to interpret BB's call. Should this make me more or less likely to raise? Thanks for the comments.

More likely both because you're now getting 2:1 on your river raise and because it's way easier to fold to a river 3-bet.

krishanleong
04-20-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any hands in a similiar spot that you would wait until the turn to raise? Would you need more than TPTK?

Krishan

krishanleong
04-20-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because it's way easier to fold to a river 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never seen this before. I'm going to have to sleep on it but I think it makes a lot of sense. Thanks spamuell

Krishan

Ben5505
04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I like a flop raise and lead at the turn.

billyjex
04-20-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any hands in a similiar spot that you would wait until the turn to raise? Would you need more than TPTK?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would even raise 2-pair here, maybe, but definetely TPTK. Your hand is pretty vulnerable to the SB and BB holdings, which they may fold for 2-bets as opposed to calling with their J6s for one bet and sucking out.

Guy McSucker
04-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Large-ish multiway pot. Top pair second kicker. Raise the flop, dammit!

There's really no need to get fancy. You get action regardless. I'd raise any kind of a hand here.

Guy.

mperich
04-21-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
More likely both because you're now getting 2:1 on your river raise and because it's way easier to fold to a river 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. FWIW, flop is a 100% raise. River is a 100% raise.

-Mike

Silverback
04-21-2005, 07:20 AM
raise flop, you need to start knocking out some of these players,

raise, reraise, possibly cap flop

helpmeout
04-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Waiting for the turn is only good when you have a big hand and/or are against 1 or 2 very weak opponents in a small pot.

This pot has been raised preflop, 4 players, its 8SB, the flop is coordinated any 3,4 or 5 makes a straight.

If I have a gutshot or a pair I'd call this flop expecting to make money back if I hit on the turn. This is why you have to raise the flop.

If you raise you knock everyone out and end up against a hand you likely dominate.

Instead you call and let every man and his dog draw out on you.

A pair of 2s looks at the turn sees that he only needs to call one bet in a large pot and if he hits one of his 5 outs he is probably good.

krishanleong
04-21-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A pair of 2s looks at the turn sees that he only needs to call one bet in a large pot and if he hits one of his 5 outs he is probably good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true except I should have been able to face the field with 2 bets 85% of the time.

Krishan

krishanleong
04-21-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Large-ish multiway pot. Top pair second kicker. Raise the flop, dammit!

There's really no need to get fancy. You get action regardless. I'd raise any kind of a hand here.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm convinced a flop raise is best. We all know I'm a bit of a slowplay whore.

Krishan

krishanleong
04-21-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. FWIW, flop is a 100% raise. River is a 100% raise.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Villians showed A3 and A7 and MHIG. Villian was betting because his kicker was counterfiet. I thought about this when I was playing the hand. I like a river raise. Do people agree that I can fold to a 3-bet pretty easy?

Krishan

SippinSoma
04-21-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River pairs the board and SB leads, BB calls and the action is on me. I thought about raising. I wasn't sure how to interpret BB's call. Should this make me more or less likely to raise? Thanks for the comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak AX hoping to counterfeit your kicker, maybe.

Given the highly uncoordinated flop, I would play it the same way, but raise the river. Given that its 4 handed on the river, I dont see a CR failing all too often. I think hes on a weak bluff attempt, but thats just me.

EDIT - I rock.