PDA

View Full Version : AK, ace high hand

krishanleong
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO calls $6.24 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.74 BB

Villian stats are 51/8/.6/66 over 49 hands. He was a fairly crappy player and was willing to bluff. A double paired board seemed like such a good spot to bluff that I wanted to raise to force everyone out.

I felt like there was a good chance he didn't have a pair. When I played the hand I didn't think about the % time he has an ace and I make a play at half the pot. The pot is large though so I thought I'd fight for it.

Anyone like it?

Krishan
<font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Kh Ac (two pair, fives and threes).
Hero has Kh Ac (two pair, fives and threes).
Outcome: CO wins 6.87 BB. Hero wins 6.87 BB. </font>

Alobar
04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I like raising the flop for the free turn card

Given the way you played, and the read on the guy, and the fact he had no money, and the size of the pot, and the fact that he had no money, and the fact that he had no money (heh), I like raising the turn waaay better than calling.

krishanleong
04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I can't believe I forgot to say he had no money. Actually my decision (and it took 13 seconds) was between raising and folding. Would folding have been horrible?

Krishan

Alobar
04-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I dont like folding, given the hand action youve got no reason at all to think anyone has a 3 or a 5, in all likely hood youve got the best hand. The pot is 9.5BB, I dont want to give everyone the correct odds to see the river.

One thing to consider in this spot tho, is that its fairly obvious what you are doing, you just call the flop, now you are raising off a guy that has no cash to force everyone to call 2 cold, everyone at that table knows all you've got is ace high, so you are more likly to get called by chasers.....which doesnt really matter I guess, because they are getting incorrect odds to do so, so it profits you. Erm, im rambling....sorry /images/graemlins/smile.gif