PDA

View Full Version : 99 3-way, was I doomed?

Goodnews
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

the_rookie
04-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not crazy about the flop raise. What were you trying to accomplish? Free card on the turn or pick him off on a bluff? I just think calling is fine here with such a coordinated board. You are drawing to a straight at this point.

UTG is screaming he has the straight and you still capped him with your set. I don't like this play either. Just call the turn and hope to fill up on the river.

check/calling the river is fine.

ArturiusX
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
SB betting into us, despite us being the pfr is a bit of a worry.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this hand to be honest.

KaiShin
04-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't really like the flop raise closing the action here. We don't have quite enough equity to make a raise, but we do have odds to continue.

Turn cap is good. UTG is representing the straight, but we have plenty of outs to fill up.

River call is fine.

KaiShin
04-20-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is screaming he has the straight and you still capped him with your set. I don't like this play either. Just call the turn and hope to fill up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG could show me his straight and I'd still cap the turn.

elitegimp
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only 3-way here -- he shows you a straight and you have 10 outs with 44 cards not seen... I'd want 2 more people involved in the pot before I cap for value.

toss
04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Your turn play is yucky.

Reqtech
04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. With a 25% chance to fill up, and with 33% of pot equity, I'm not raising here.

jaxUp
04-21-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not llike money. 3-way we are putting in 1/3 of the money and will hit less than 1/4 of the time.

KaiShin
04-21-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only 3-way here -- he shows you a straight and you have 10 outs with 44 cards not seen... I'd want 2 more people involved in the pot before I cap for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent point. I wasn't thinking too hard about this one.