PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of bad beats....

rockythecat99
04-20-2005, 09:15 PM
todays pacific 30+3 I am dealt aces have 1200 in utg+1 blinds are 10/20
I raise it to 50 two callers.
Flops comes A65rainbow I check guys to my left goes all in for 700T, caller , I go all in, call. So 3 all in. turn 4 river 2
Guy has 63o for his straight other guy has AK . I am crippled.

Wtf I am so sick and tired of this crap happening to me. The past two weeks I ve had bad beat over bad beat. Boat gets beat by bigger boat. Flush by bigger flush. set by bigger set. It is just constant. What do you guys do when you keep getting these bad beats over and over? Sorry for the ranting but I am so sick of this. It happens every freaking day at least 3 times a day.

Mike Gallo
04-20-2005, 09:20 PM
..I hear the bad police siren...

next time, wait the mandatory 12 hour cool off period before posting.... nobody likes to read... Wtf I am so sick and tired of this crap happening to me. The past two weeks I ve had bad beat over bad beat. Boat gets beat by bigger boat. Flush by bigger flush. set by bigger set. It is just constant. What do you guys do when you keep getting these bad beats over and over? Sorry for the ranting but I am so sick of this. It happens every freaking day at least 3 times a day.

Welcome aboard. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

yoadrians
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Three things:

1) Raise more preflop
2) Raise more preflop
3) Raise more preflop

Oh yeah, one more:
4) Take your bad beat story to pscrew.com's 'Bad Beat Forum' because no one wants to hear them here.

Have a nice day.

rockythecat99
04-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Sorry I am just p'od. Ive been rivered enough to last me a lifetime the last two weeks. Sorry I posted but i needed to vent. It seems like the past two weeks I can't do anything to keep people from chasing and hitting their draws. Sorry again.

LethalRose
04-20-2005, 09:22 PM
At least you still have your health.

and 2 weeks is nothing, try 8 months and get back to me.

Mike Gallo
04-20-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, one more:
4) Take your bad beat story to pscrew.com's 'Bad Beat Forum' because no one wants to hear them here.

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW...at least you ended the harshness with have a nice day /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rockythecat99
04-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I deserve the harshness. Sorry for posting a bad beat story I have learned my lesson. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I should know better. Where do I hand in my 2+2 badge? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh lethal Ive only been playing for 3months and never had a losing week till last week this week im about even so thats y I am so p'od. Ill check back in 8 months lol.

yoadrians
04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
And I actually was serious about taking the bad beat story to pscrew.com's forum. They really have a Bad Beat Forum, and no one flames them for the bad beat story. Really, if you want to vent, that's a great (and safe:) place to do it.

And really, I do think you should've raised more pre-flop.

Take care man.

mts
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
this is the first and last time i'll ever do this

PokerStars Game #1557182186: Tournament #7060333, Hold'em Pot Limit - Level II (15/30) -
2005/04/20 - 21:31:58 (ET)
Table '7060333 19' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: outdoor (2145 in chips)
Seat 2: dg1003 (460 in chips)
Seat 3: MiBender (4200 in chips)
Seat 4: JDK76 (2050 in chips)
Seat 5: JBOOKIE (3045 in chips)
Seat 6: Ray Lo (230 in chips)
Seat 7: dictionary (1410 in chips)
Seat 8: yeleven_bets (3480 in chips)
Seat 9: YourDaddy79 (1100 in chips)
dictionary: posts small blind 15
yeleven_bets: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dictionary [As Ac]
YourDaddy79: raises 30 to 60
outdoor: folds
dg1003: folds
MiBender: folds
JDK76: folds
JBOOKIE: raises 30 to 90
Ray Lo: folds
dictionary: raises 150 to 240
yeleven_bets: folds
YourDaddy79: raises 600 to 840
dg1003 said, "no suck out daddy"
JBOOKIE: calls 750
dictionary: raises 570 to 1410 and is all-in
Ray Lo is sitting out
YourDaddy79: calls 260 and is all-in
JBOOKIE: calls 570
*** FLOP *** [4d 4s Qs]
*** TURN *** [4d 4s Qs] [Jd]
*** RIVER *** [4d 4s Qs Jd] [2h]
dictionary said, "rofl"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
dictionary: shows [As Ac] (two pair, Aces and Fours)
JBOOKIE: shows [Jh Jc] (a full house, Jacks full of Fours)
JBOOKIE collected 620 from side pot
YourDaddy79: shows [Js Ah] (two pair, Jacks and Fours)
dictionary said, "1 outter"
yeleven_bets said, "unreal"
JBOOKIE collected 3330 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3950 Main pot 3330. Side pot 620. | Rake 0
Board [4d 4s Qs Jd 2h]
Seat 1: outdoor folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: dg1003 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: MiBender folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: JDK76 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JBOOKIE showed [Jh Jc] and won (3950) with a full house, Jacks full of Fours
Seat 6: Ray Lo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: dictionary (small blind) showed [As Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fours
Seat 8: yeleven_bets (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: YourDaddy79 showed [Js Ah] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fours

rockythecat99
04-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Ty yoadrans but being early in the tourney about 3rd hand or so I didn't want to raise so much that I would scare away the fish. The guy who called was to my immediate left utg+2 so I think he wouldve called for 70-80. I think I played it right and got unlucky. Now that I am calm I can see that. Thanks anyway for the advice. I will take it to pscrew next time.

rockythecat99
04-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey guys I dont want to sound like I am whining over one little bad beat. It really isnt about that its just been constant over the past two weeks. In ring games mostly not so much in tourneys. So please dont take it as I got my aces cracked and I am crying this was just the icing on the cake. Btw thanks for posting that hand. Helps out.

ethan
04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I opened this post thinking it'd be someone complaining about people who keep posting bad beat stories. (No, seriously.)

Oh well. Maybe next time.

BAD BEAT POLICE
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
PEOPLE HAVE ONE OF TWO REACTIONS TO YOUR BAD BEAT STORY:
1. THEY DONT CARE
2. THEY ARE HAPPY

PLEASE TAKE YOUR BAD BEAT STORIES TO www.RIVEREDAGAIN.COM (http://www.RIVEREDAGAIN.COM) AND STOP CLUTTERING UP MY FORUM.

-BBP

Chief911
04-20-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.bettheriver.com/image/badbeatpolice.jpg

yecul
04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I was knocked out in tourneys a few times in a row as a 90+% favorite pre or on the flop. But you know what? I'd do it all over again exactly the same way. I'll take those odds every time with the understanding that I'll lose part of the time. It happens.

That one jack outer was tough. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LethalRose
04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
b7

zambonidrivr
04-21-2005, 02:34 PM
clearly you are not very good at poker. go get a book and ready it. quit your crying and cool off. or just take up another game, like go fish. suck it up!

DireWolf
04-21-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clearly you are not very good at poker. go get a book and ready it. quit your crying and cool off. or just take up another game, like go fish. suck it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN!!

rockythecat99
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
I will get a book and READY it up...lol...I am not good at poker because I went all in with the best hand???? Thank you for your input.

Toro
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three things:

1) Raise more preflop
2) Raise more preflop
3) Raise more preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. Two days ago I was playing a $30 sng on Pokerstars. Very first hand with 10/20 blinds I had AA in late position. MP player limps for 20 and I made it 60. The SB raised to 180, MP player called, I raised to 360, SB called and MP player called.

The flop came KJ3 rainbow. SB checked, MP player bets all-in for 1140, I called and the SB called. SB had AK, MP player had QT. QT hit the 9 on the turn and I'm history on the first hand.

I then start second guessing myself that a) my first raise to 60 was too small and b) my second raise to 360 was too small that I in fact should have gone all-in. Then after thinking about it for a few minutes, i said bullshiit, i played it perfect. I got exactly what I wanted, action for my aces, a chance to win a big pot and all the money in the middle with best hand.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't agree with raising so much with your premium hands that you get no action. But of course, you're going to get sucked out on occasionally and sometimes when you're running bad the occasionally's are all bunched together.

sloth469
04-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I think the point is and I may be wrong is that the guy calling your raise to 360 will also call off 500 and very well would call an all-in.

If I catch a premium hand the first few hands of a tourney I overbet it as much as I can possibly justify. If the pot is raised to 100 by the time it gets to me I put all my chips in and usually find someone who liked his KQo that much.

It's like pushing all-in in low stakes NL w/ AA, people are looking for an excuse to call. The push doesn't exactly scream AA and gives them the reason they are looking for.

Also, along the same line I had about 5 paragraphs on mtt psychology typed up and ready to post when the forum went down earlier today, it was lost and I'm not really in the mood right now to re-create it, but give me a day or two.

-sloth

rockythecat99
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Ok so my little thread lives on. I want to make clear thta the reason I raised 2.5BB was the fact that it was about the 3-5th hand in the tourney and I wanted some action.I get two callers . One who had 63o the other AK. I hit my perfect flop check first caller goes all in. Second guy calls i raise all in myself. Second guy calls. Now at this point for me to lose both need runner runner cards and thats exactly what happens guy gets his runner runner straight. Why he called in utg+2 with 63o is beyond me. But that is the reason I didnt raise so much. I will raise more preflop later in the tourneys.