PDA

View Full Version : idol results show.. spoilers i'm sure

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
constantine does not play an instrument?

this is a very talented group and that was a good, original idol song. this is the first year that i would care to see the follow up concert they take on the road. very deep talent

yoadrians
04-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I agree with the group as a whole. Very, very talented and well-rounded. You have a few rockers (Bo, Constantine), a country singer (Carrie), a true girly-girl pop star (Federov), a Whitney Houston up-and-comer (Vonzell), a soul man (Anwar) and a good-ol-boy with a solid voice (Scott).

I, however, can't stand watching Mr. Federov waggle around on the stage. It's gotten to the point that when he is performing, I must force myself to close my eyes and just listen. Otherwise, I no doubt will throw my 7-month-old son's bottle through the widescreen monitor.

FWIW, if anyone outside of Scott, Anwar or Mr. Federov goes home tonight, it's a real shame.

Enjoy the show.

RollaJ
04-20-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a true girly-girl pop star (Federov)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOLOLOL

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
, however, can't stand watching Mr. Federov waggle around on the stage. It's gotten to the point that when he is performing, I must force myself to close my eyes and just listen. Otherwise, I no doubt will throw my 7-month-old son's bottle through the widescreen monitor.

lol

it is rumored that this is why simon does not like him. simon has sealed his fate, but he was not good enough to win even if simon was nicer.

but i think he safe tonight

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/byebye.gif

Uglyowl
04-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Thought Bo would get a couple points with the announcement he is safe... guess not.

If Carrie is bottom three he might add 5 points. The last time they did this it was a shock who was bottom three

Inthacup
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I CAN'T [censored] BELIEVE IT!

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:31 PM
total crime, but when the worm turned 3 weeks ago, the writing was on the wall.

they are still voting for scott.

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
ANTHONY FEDEROV 2 4 +2400

i have enough contracts to bring this back to 0-2 if i sold

jasonHoldEm
04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ANTHONY FEDEROV 2 4 +2400

i have enough contracts to bring this back to 0-2 if i sold

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question, do you think he's really going to get any higher? Why not sell now and make a couple hundred rather than lose everything?

Shocking to see anwar go home. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
i'm holding on to them because i want to gamble. very speculative.

if he survives another week because of a good performance, he could easily double in value after someone else is eliminated. the planets have to line up correctly. safest is a sell.

i have 13 point gain on a ton of constantines and that's only going to grow, so these are a freeroll in my mind.

jasonHoldEm
04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Actually that makes sense, since scott is still in there.

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Shocking to see anwar go home

p.s.

i think you could and should bet your gonads on a bo, constantine, carrie top 3.

jasonHoldEm
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Indeed, in my mind Anwar was the only (major) threat to the three favorites. With his departure the field has been separated and we're back to a "boring" three horse race.

I guess there is still an outside chance for vonzell to make it, but I think that would require a parlay of both her catching fire and being the first or second performer each night from here on out, and also for carrie/bo/constantie (one of them) to falter on more than one week in a row. This just doesn't seem very likely and even if it does happen the judges will be playing their game to protect the three favorites, so she has a huge uphill battle to fight. I'd love to see her go home in the next week or two (rather than the "week of four" as it would make the final 3 a forgone conclusion and probably drive up everyone's price).

The only real excitement (for the next two weeks at least) will be to see who among the favorites hits the bottom 3. (Please, please, please be carrie /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

J

yoadrians
04-20-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Indeed, in my mind Anwar was the only (major) threat to the three favorites. With his departure the field has been separated and we're back to a "boring" three horse race.[ QUOTE ]

I do think you underestimate Vonzell's chances. Please understand that what I'm about to say might sound a little too 'Jimmy The Greek' for some, but I really do think the African-American voting contigent is a strong one and could very well carry Vonzell through to the final three.

And that would be fine with me. She is making a very, very strong showing.

jasonHoldEm
04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Perhaps my wording was a bit strong...I don't deny she has a chance, my point was that she has to really shine the next few weeks in order to "get over the hump" so to speak.

IMHO, I think that one of the favorites can have an off week and stil make the final 3...while a complete disaster would (of course) put them at risk, they can at least have a lackluster week where they limp through and it won't hurt their chances of making the final 3 (although it might hurt their chances of winning the event outright).

I really don't feel that vonzell has that luxury which means she has to nail three weeks in a row and chances are there's going to be at least one theme that trips her up...not to mention the role the judges might play for or against her depending on who they'd like to see make the final 3.

J

PS: FWIW, as long as bo makes the final 3 I'd looooove to see vonzell make it as well. I think a carrie/bo/constantine final is bad news for bo and would happily trade connie or carrie for vonzell.

GrannyMae
04-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Please, please, please be carrie

my dream for american idol is for carrie to have a bad week and market correct to 25, where she should be anyway.

i would then hedge with her and be on the greatest freeroll ever.

yoadrians
04-20-2005, 10:54 PM
I'll give you this: A Bo/Carrie/Constantine final three is bad news for Bo. No question there.

Here's to hoping Scott and Mr. Jon Secada Waggle-Pants Federov are the next two to go, and we can at least have a VERY enjoyable Final Four.

rusty JEDI
04-21-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Shocking to see anwar go home. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from what ive heard all along.

Im wishing i didnt bail on my shorts when I did. Still a profit, but it could have been better.

rJ

rusty JEDI
04-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Can anyone even remember the last time Vonzell had a mediocre week? She has been outstanding for quite a while now.

rJ

curtains
04-21-2005, 03:20 AM
I think that in a perfect world, Vonzell should win. However I don't think she will.

revots33
04-21-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you could and should bet your gonads on a bo, constantine, carrie top 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think I should sell my Vonzell contracts now for a tiny profit, or is there a chance she could go higher?

My thoughts are that we are getting to the point where at least one of the top 4 (Carrie/Con/Bo/Vonzell) must be in the bottom 3 each week - and Vonzell is the most likely candidate.

I know she almost certainly won't win - but can she move higher if she makes the final 4? Or, if she makes the final 4 will her price go down because she's most likely to get eliminated next? She does seem to have some momentum behind her, just wondering if she could possibly hit $20.

SinSixer
04-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Take the profit now. She may or may not go down a bit this week after Scott is eliminated. If she sings the mortal nuts this week, she may get a small rise in value, but not worth the risk that she does "just ok" and her value tanks. She might not go untill after Anthony, but then you are right, she will be the target and probably wont be worth $3 after that.

GrannyMae
04-21-2005, 07:47 PM
vonzell is likely to get 100% of the black vote and perhaps much of the white vote that liked anwar. i think the black vote may just vote for her whether they think she is best or not.

last 2 out of 3 years, there have been 2 black contestants in final 3. justin, if scored as half black, means there has always been a black contestant in final 3.

i think after next weeks elimination it will be time to start dumping some constantines. i don't think i will own any constantine contracts as the performance show for final 4 is being performed.

if vonzell out performs constantine that week, constantine may go early. i honestly think he has no chance of winning and my plans to hold the contracts to the end are not as solid with anwar getting the boot. i should sell every constantine i have after next weeks elimination and just sit back and enjoy the rest of the season with only BO to sweat (for free)