PDA

View Full Version : New AM Spreadsheet with Poker Tracker Import (ver 2.3d)

dfscott
04-20-2005, 09:00 PM
As promised, the latest version of the AM Spreadsheet now has the ability to import your SnGs from Poker Tracker. It's basically the last version that Slim Pickens put out there with an extra button on each tab to activate the import. Press the button and it's pretty self-explanatory. I've done a decent amount of testing, but considering how many different configurations are out there, I'm sure they'll be plenty of bugs, so just PM me and I'll try to get to them as soon as I can.

The readme tab has a few caveats to look out for, so if you run into trouble, check there first for answers.

Thanks to Slim Pickens, IC5 and Scuba Chuck for suggestions and helping me test.

As before, it comes in two flavors: zipped (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.3d.zip) (2.3MB)and unzipped (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.3d.xls) (10.9MB).

Happy importing!

Blarg
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Coolies. Downloaded it for when/if I ever get Excel going. I downloaded a 60-day trial version the other day.

J-Lo
04-21-2005, 12:44 AM
thanx, i been waiting for this, bumpity bump bump

The Yugoslavian
04-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Spreadsheets are a crutch.

I will obviously be using this though.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yugoslav
Nice work!! (I'm assuming of course, /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Unparagoned
04-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Just DL'ed it. Looks like it only works for the 10's and 20's. There is, of course, the distinct possibility that I am simply doing something wrong; however, it does not import any of my 30's from Poker Tracker and, in fact, the 30's and up do not appear to be set at any particular level. Is this supposed to be this way, wrong only on mine, done for a reason or otherwise just problematic?

XChamp
04-21-2005, 03:23 AM
thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou.

This is an awesome spreadsheet. It almost makes PT useless to me.

XChamp
04-21-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just DL'ed it. Looks like it only works for the 10's and 20's. There is, of course, the distinct possibility that I am simply doing something wrong; however, it does not import any of my 30's from Poker Tracker and, in fact, the 30's and up do not appear to be set at any particular level. Is this supposed to be this way, wrong only on mine, done for a reason or otherwise just problematic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the ReadMe.

Just change the base-buyin and vig on a tab to correspond with the tournament you are importing and configure the 'import from PT' button.

eastbay
04-21-2005, 03:31 AM
I just did an import, it says "import complete", but the title bar of excel is flashing and it just beeps when I try to click anywhere.

Any ideas?

Looks promising!

eastbay

Edit: I finally got to the dialog which summarized the import. Then excel crashed. Hmmm.

Patriarch
04-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Oh dear God, I love it.
Stats!....Everywhere!

franco
04-21-2005, 09:26 AM
I play a lot of tournaments online and the speadsheets I see throughout 2+2 work well. But I also play unconventional costs tournaments at friends houses or clubs. What do most of you do when the buyin and vig don't conform to the spreadsheets. I nkow we can massage the various costs, but it seems like a lot of work when I have 10 or 20 tournaments a month that don't conform to the online buyin guides.

any ideas

john

J-Lo
04-21-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play a lot of tournaments online and the speadsheets I see throughout 2+2 work well. But I also play unconventional costs tournaments at friends houses or clubs. What do most of you do when the buyin and vig don't conform to the spreadsheets. I nkow we can massage the various costs, but it seems like a lot of work when I have 10 or 20 tournaments a month that don't conform to the online buyin guides.

any ideas

john

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 different buyin tabs at the bottom, You can change the buyin to whatever u like in each tab. Do you play more than 5 different buyins signifactly?

citanul
04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks man, you've done excellent work with this project, though I have never used the spreadsheet or the sng tracker by hood. I may have to try this out. My big problem last time was that I downloaded it and then it gave me some bull$hit about having macros disabled for security reasons, and I was far, far too lazy to figure out how to turn them on. With this new functionality, it seems it may be more worth the attempt. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

May you have positive variance for your hard work.

citanul

dfscott
04-21-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My big problem last time was that I downloaded it and then it gave me some bull$hit about having macros disabled for security reasons, and I was far, far too lazy to figure out how to turn them on. With this new functionality, it seems it may be more worth the attempt. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think security is set to "high" by default. It's easy to change (but not easy to find). Just go to Tools->Options. Click the Security Tab, and then press the Macro Security button. Choose the Medium setting (which will warn you about macros so you can choose to run them or not). Then when you load the sheet, choose "Enable Macros."

That should fix you right up.

[ QUOTE ]
May you have positive variance for your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I've gotten so much helpful advice here, I'm just glad that I could provide something useful to give back to the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

allenciox
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
When I try to import from Pokertracker, it doesn't find any PT databases... do I need to put it in a special place for it to see it?

dfscott
04-21-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I try to import from Pokertracker, it doesn't find any PT databases... do I need to put it in a special place for it to see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange -- it's supposed to check your registry to get the databases. Are you saying the the drop-down list is empty? What version of PT are you running?

Slim Pickens
04-21-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I also play unconventional costs tournaments at friends houses or clubs. What do most of you do when the buyin and vig don't conform to the spreadsheets. I nkow we can massage the various costs, but it seems like a lot of work when I have 10 or 20 tournaments a month that don't conform to the online buyin guides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make sure you know, the payout structure, as well as just the buy-in and vig can be changed in cells G4:G8 (under "payout percentages"), although I didn't debug it so it may still not work correctly. You can try it and report back? If that still doesn't suit your needs, there may be some more advanced ways to work around your problem down below the "disregard everything below this line" line. PM me and I'll be happy to help you with it.

Slim

prepotency
04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
I like this: I think I'm going to write an add-on that will just pull all of these stats straight from your HH in the Party HandHistory directory. Would this be a waste of time or has it already been done?

dfscott
04-21-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this: I think I'm going to write an add-on that will just pull all of these stats straight from your HH in the Party HandHistory directory. Would this be a waste of time or has it already been done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it can be done (I've already done it for Party Skins, but I did it in Java, which doesn't play nice with Excel). The trick is handling all the different sites and all the different formats of those sites. I already had PT, which had already done it for me, so that's why I took the easy route since I know a lot of folks already had PT.

Slim Pickens
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Since I need to fix this one way or the other anyway, would people rather have the "Year" tab start from the earliest day for which there is a tournament recorded, or just have it start Jan-1? Everything is set up such that recording tournaments more than one year apart gets modestly sketchy anyway.

Slim

citanul
04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
er, so i loaded up some sngs, got it to not crash, and imported...

but on the stats page, it has the ROI and ITM as different numbers in the top left of the page and in the "below the line" part of the page. neither of these itm numbers matches the chart? they don't match the ptracker numbers, but i've lost a lot of hands that i guess i have summaries for...

looks incredibly cool though, when in full working power.

citanul

Slim Pickens
04-22-2005, 06:59 PM
0) Which sheet is this, the one originally labeled "11s stats?"

1) The difference in above and below the line isn't due to rounding, is it?

2) Which chart, the "ROI and ITM" graph on the same stats page, or something else?

3) How many tournaments did you import? There was a bug in earlier versions that only showed up once you got to the row that had the error in it, and it was way on down there. I tested this version to 300.

citanul
04-22-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
0) Which sheet is this, the one originally labeled "11s stats?"

1) The difference in above and below the line isn't due to rounding, is it?

2) Which chart, the "ROI and ITM" graph on the same stats page, or something else?

3) How many tournaments did you import? There was a bug in earlier versions that only showed up once you got to the row that had the error in it, and it was way on down there. I tested this version to 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is the 2.3d version, in the 3rd sheet and 4th sheet, the ones that didn't come labeled.

it's the ROI and ITM that are listed in the upper right hand corner, the ones listed below the line, and the graph.

at the moment it says that it has "total tourney" 537, though it only appears that like 400 rows are filled?

hm

Slim Pickens
04-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Congratulations. You've found another instance of the bug I fixed earlier. I'll correct it for the next update. Citanul's Discontinuity is in Column B:J between Row 1102 and 1158 of STATS3 and STATS4. If you feel brave, highlight Row 1101, Columns B:J. Get the "+" cursor on the lower-right corner of this range. Click and drag the "+" (you're copying the formulas) down to row 1158.

Phoenix1010
04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Beautiful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. Thanks a lot.

citanul
04-22-2005, 07:47 PM
sweet, i always wanted my own discontinuity!

i've been busy lately, so i'll just wait for the next version or something, and then put all my junk in there.

thanks again guys, for all the work.

citanul

strelok
04-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Unfortunetly the link is dead for me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

1C5
04-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Glad I could be of help.

I love the spreadsheet. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

dfscott
04-23-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunetly the link is dead for me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it another shot -- I just tried it and it worked fine.

strelok
04-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Nope not working still. Could some generous soul email the zipped version to roman.rodov[at]gmail.com pls?? I would really appreciate it.

dfscott
04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope not working still. Could some generous soul email the zipped version to roman.rodov[at]gmail.com pls?? I would really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done

strelok
04-24-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in the email: YOU A LEGEND!!!! Thank you!!!

Happycamper374
04-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I get a message that says my tournaments were not imported because of errors. What can I do about this? Has anyone made up a thing where I can get them right of my hard drive yet?

EDIT: On a side note, but probably related, I cant get my tournament stats to display in PT. It says I dont have the tournament summaries. I thought it just got the HH from the file on my comp?

I would like to apologize if this has been previously adressed, and would be much obliged if someone could give me a link to the thread.

1C5
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
No, summaries come from the emailed HH, not the ones on the HD.

Ryendal
04-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I tried to use the new AM Spreadsheet. But I am wondering if I can use it with Openoffice.
I tried the "Import from PT" button and nothing Happens. May be it isn't the way to import the handhistories ...

( My hand histories are on the harddisk without summaries, and on my msn email )

dfscott
04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get a message that says my tournaments were not imported because of errors. What can I do about this? Has anyone made up a thing where I can get them right of my hard drive yet?

EDIT: On a side note, but probably related, I cant get my tournament stats to display in PT. It says I dont have the tournament summaries. I thought it just got the HH from the file on my comp?

I would like to apologize if this has been previously adressed, and would be much obliged if someone could give me a link to the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The spreadsheet pulls directly from PokerTracker -- it doesn't look at any of the text hand histories. Unfortunately, PT isn't able to process the hand history without the tournament summary (not sure why, but I think it's because it wants to store the complete tournament, even what happened after you got knocked out). If PT can't see it, neither can the import functionality because it can't tell what place you finished.

If most of yours are like this, you might be better off using SNG Tracker, which imports directly from HH.

dfscott
04-27-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to use the new AM Spreadsheet. But I am wondering if I can use it with Openoffice.
I tried the "Import from PT" button and nothing Happens. May be it isn't the way to import the handhistories ...

( My hand histories are on the harddisk without summaries, and on my msn email )

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "nothing happens", does the button not even click? Or does it just click (i.e., depress) and then nothing else happens?

I've never tried Open Office -- forgive me if this is a stupid question, but you do have Poker Tracker installed, right?

Ryendal
04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, I have pockertracker installed, but I have stopped to use this soft, because I have some problems to get easily the tournaments summaries ...
And I believe that pokertracker is not so well programmed.

Sngtracker is a nice soft. I only wanted to use the AM spreadsheet (It was the first time). But since I need to use it with pocker tracker I prefer SngTracker.
At least this soft is able to use the histories stored on my hard disk.
( why not the same for pockertracker, seriously ...)

Ryendal
05-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I made all I thought was possible to use the spreadsheet. I have created a special email to use the auto-import feature of Pokertracker. But when I press the button ( of the spreadsheet, it clik but nothing else happens.

Am I once to hav e this problem ? What can I do ?

dfscott
05-01-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I made all I thought was possible to use the spreadsheet. I have created a special email to use the auto-import feature of Pokertracker. But when I press the button ( of the spreadsheet, it clik but nothing else happens.

Am I once to hav e this problem ? What can I do ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...ok, a few Q's:

Do you know what your macro security level is set to?
Did you get a prompt about whether to enable macros of not?
When you clicked the button, did it actually depress, or did it just get highlighted as if it was selected?

Ryendal
05-01-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what your macro security level is set to?
Did you get a prompt about whether to enable macros of not?
When you clicked the button, did it actually depress, or did it just get highlighted as if it was selected?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't know what is my security level.
No, I didn't get any prompt.
Yes, When I cliked the button, it depress after.

And another thing, I use Open-office a freeware you can find here http://www.openoffice.org/
It's quiclky installed. May be someone could try to run the spreadsheet with openoffice to know if the problem is that ?

DeathbySuckout
05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
The links are dead for me. Is this still availible? Can one of you guys email it to me?

astarck
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get a message that says my tournaments were not imported because of errors. What can I do about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same message. About 15-20% of my sngs are imported into the spreadsheet (interestingly enough only those from january and april are imported). I have all the tournament summaries in PT and can't figure out what is wrong.

dfscott
05-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And another thing, I use Open-office a freeware you can find here http://www.openoffice.org/It's quiclky installed. May be someone could try to run the spreadsheet with openoffice to know if the problem is that ?

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm..I suspect that it's a limitation of Open Office, but I've never tried to run it.Has anyone else had any experience running the SS with Open Office? If not, I'll see about trying it when I get back to my PC.

dfscott
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The links are dead for me. Is this still availible? Can one of you guys email it to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a new version released since this post. Try the general link and download the one you find there.

dfscott
05-01-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get a message that says my tournaments were not imported because of errors. What can I do about this?

[/ QUOTE ]I get the same message. About 15-20% of my sngs are imported into the spreadsheet (interestingly enough only those from january and april are imported). I have all the tournament summaries in PT and can't figure out what is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]This is usually missing summaries, but it sounds like it's something different for you. I would first upgrade to the latest version (2.3f) and see if that fixes your problem. If not, PM me and I'll try and help you figure it out.

astarck
05-01-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's been a new version released since this post. Try the general link and download the one you find there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having trouble finding this general link. If it's the one in the first post in this thread, that doesn't work for me either.

dfscott
05-01-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having trouble finding this general link. If it's the one in the first post in this thread, that doesn't work for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the link in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2280233 &fpart=1&PHPSESSID=). If that doesn't work, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you directly.

dfscott
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And another thing, I use Open-office a freeware you can find here http://www.openoffice.org/It's quiclky installed. May be someone could try to run the spreadsheet with openoffice to know if the problem is that ?

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm..I suspect that it's a limitation of Open Office, but I've never tried to run it.Has anyone else had any experience running the SS with Open Office? If not, I'll see about trying it when I get back to my PC.

[/ QUOTE ]

After loading up Open Office, it looks like it doesn't support running VB scripts. Since all the import code is written in VBA, it probably won't work for anyone using Open Office.