PDA

View Full Version : Slowplay = bad

Blackwolf
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I played this very poorly I know... Was trying to trap but ended up being trapped. The opponent is a LAG player (with Gametime over 41% seen flops) and quite high percentage he raised. Anyway heres what happend.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (LAG) ($48.5)
Button ($36.15)
SB ($53.95)
BB ($101.7)
UTG ($63.2)
UTG+1 ($53.5)
Hero ($47.5)
MP2 ($57.1)
MP3 ($46)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO /images/graemlins/frown.gifLAG) raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.75) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($30.75) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, LAG calls $33.50 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $64.25
Outcome: LAG wins $64.25.

He was VERY fast when I checked to put in his money... he hesitated on the flop and turn (called since I put him on a draw) but I had a gut feeling he had an ace and folded to wait for a better time.
I didnt respect his raise on the flop nor turn cause he usally went big when he had big.
Should I have called? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jkkkk
04-20-2005, 08:47 PM
noo way do you call on the river.

and yeah you played it horribly /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Blackwolf
04-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I should have reraised him before the flop... guess I have bad memories of QQ being outdrawn and he liked going all in Preflop... just wasnt ready to do that with QQ. If that ace wouldnt have dropped I would have called in a blink of an eye but... o well u learn as u go /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
"Big starting hands doesnt entitle u to win the pot, it just puts u in a dominating position"

the machine
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
must reraise the flop only time i wont reraise depending if the hand is headsup or not is with aces or kings multi way hands i will always reraise to protect my hand, remember your qq which is 70 30 to ace jack is now a much less favorite with king 9 in the hand also, youre only about (guessing here) 38%ish to win the hand agains the other 2 people. its the classic coin flip if he has ace king so you must find out where you are at, 10-12$ raise is appropriate here represent a huge hand. calling the turn here too may be a bad play, he is the raiser and just gets flat called by you, is there any reason not to put this person on a hand as weak as 910 suited?, id probably muck the turn if i didnt reraise, with a reraise to 10 or 12 preflop i call the turn and if he has ace 10 i say great catch on the turn but no way can you call the river. either great play by him or great laydown by you. i say great lay down becuase he represented an ace so you have to muck your hand always raise with qq they are almost as bad as jacks

ThePortuguee
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I have a headache. Don't limp with QQ and give a ring full of ace-horny partiers to hit an ace for 1BB, and if you're going to, be prepared to come back over the top of the raise.

Bet the flop. If you check the flop then raise when your LAG cooperates and bets. Get your money in then when you're ahead because to be honest I dont know how ahead you are by the time it gets to the turn and river.

In general, I think it's unnecessary to try to slowplay huge hands preflop because you're going to get action from low-limit partiers and the risk from letting a table full of them see cheap flops is too great. If you're playing at a very agressive table, and you're in early position with AA or KK, then maybe you plan to limp/reraise big, but that's about the only situation I like trying that with.

-Skeme-
04-20-2005, 10:19 PM
He was trying to trap an aggressive LAG just by limp-calling his raise. Since he was closing the action, I don't think it was that bad. If others had limped I would hope he'd re-raise.

BigEndian
04-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Being out of position, I would press the issue PF and push right then.

- Jim