PDA

View Full Version : 6max and full at the same time.

stillbr
04-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Does anyone play 2 6max games, and 2 full ring games at the same time. I've just made the move to 5-10 6max this week, and I hate it so far. While playing 3-6 I felt in control the whole time, since moving to these 6max games I feel totally lost. So in order to learn the game I was thinking I should start out only playin 2 table at a time. The problem with this is I feel Id give up too much $/hr only playing 2 tables.

Any thoughts on this?

tolbiny
04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
A couple of suggestions/observations-
try out lower stakes sh games on paradise/pokerstars
Why do you play? If you are in desparate need of the money the moving up and changing the game you play isn't the way to go, but if you are interested in long term ev, 3-6 doesn't even compare to 5-10 sh. bigger stakes/more hands per hour make the potential at 5-10 so much greater (plus a lower effective rake). Giving up a couple of weeks or even a month of 3-6 earn to learn 5-10 sh and become a winning player is nothing- you will make it back quickly.

Dunno
04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Well its better to learn the game first and after that u can multitable! It dosent take to long to learn maybe a week if u play alot and then u can make more money. Its better to win at 2 tabels then losing at 4!!!!

Personly i just play 2 because i like to have a read on my opponents...

billyjex
04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
You're doing yourself a great disservice by not concentrating fully on 2 tables of 6-max. The full-ring will still distract you from truly learning the ins and outs of the crazy game. Trust me - I'm only 15k hands into 6-max and I feel 110% more comfortable with the game then I was a month ago, and I did this by 1 or 2 tabling.

That being said, I still feel lost quite often. It's defintely a change from full ring but with some experience and study you'll get there.