PDA

View Full Version : AK - Played it like crap?

Fangface
04-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I played this hand really crappy....No real reads....

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.
Should I have capped?

Flop: (13 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.
Reraise again?

River: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.
I was worried I was behind here so I didn't think that K really helped me

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has Qc As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ac Kd (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>

aK13
04-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Yes, 3 bet the turn. MP2 3bet preflop, so hes probably not looking for the 3 to help his hand. The only hand you're behind that he could logically have is AA, and this is highly unlikely. Fire away at this.

Buckmulligan
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm absolutely capping preflop. I would not have 3 bet the turn either, because I think there is more value in having the option of checkraising the river if your draw comes.

Shillx
04-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I looked at the results because of the way that MP2 played his hand. Against a player like him (not saying what type of player he is), the best play might be to stop and go on the river. Honestly though, I would have 3-bet the turn as this is the standard play in this situation. You have to think you have a hammer lock on this hand.

Brad

Edit - I didn't see his limp reraise. Don't stop and go, just keep raising on 4th street.

Reqtech
04-20-2005, 06:10 PM
First of all, cap pf. AK is a premium holding.

MP2 3-bet preflop, so I don't think that you need to worry about 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs. I'm thinking at WORST you're up against AA, but I'm thinking more along the lines of AQ. 3 bet the turn and raise the river.

Edit: Please don't give results in your first post.

Fangface
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all comments...But can someone please tell me the proper way to handle the results in a HH post. Some ppl tell me to include it in white like I've done here. And some ppl tell me to not. So Im asking again, should I wait for a couple of replies before I post the results or is it OK to include them in white in my first post?

GoHoosiers
04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Grunch-time.....

I probably play this the same way. The LRR, for me, lately has been automatic AA for Villian. So my weak-tight mind assumes I'm behind on the turn. But since I suck at calculating poker math, it is probably +EV to 3-bet the turn (with the NFD). I also would have gone to check-call the river, and kicked the dog when he checks behind and MHIG. Damn, I have a lot to learn.

Rich

Reqtech
04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd wait at least 10-12 hours, personally, but I'm certainly not an authority on this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

hicherbie
04-20-2005, 06:28 PM
cap flop.
reraise on turn with the redraw to the second nuts..call down if he still keeps coming.

Reqtech
04-20-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cap flop.
reraise on turn with the redraw to the second nuts..call down if he still keeps coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second nuts? A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is already on the board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Buckmulligan
04-20-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all comments...But can someone please tell me the proper way to handle the results in a HH post. Some ppl tell me to include it in white like I've done here. And some ppl tell me to not. So Im asking again, should I wait for a couple of replies before I post the results or is it OK to include them in white in my first post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want them in there so bad?

olavfo
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
You should not post results, since this might give biased replys.

Here are my newbie thoughts (haven't looked at results yet, so no bias).

Villain's raise is scary with the 3-flush on board (looks like a slowplayed flush, doesn't it), but the preflop action narrows down his range of possible hands so much that I believe we are far ahead.

First, if Villain is not an idiot, his preflop 3-bet suggests one of these hands: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AKs, AK, and maybe AQs, AQ, KQs, KQ.

Note that Villain can't have a flush if he has an ace or a pocket pair. Furthermore he can't have KdQd, since you have the king of diamonds. Therefore, if we assume Villain has one of the hands listed, we're almost always far ahead, since only AA beats us.

I would reraise the turn and go into check/call mode if Villain reraises me back. If Villain calls my raise, I would bet the river and call a raise.

olavfo

BriPlay
04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the post..
preflop: not capping is OK..depends on read..3 bet might get rid of UTG+1..wiht aK you want as few opponents as possible.
Turn: you have to 3 bet this IMO..you are probably way ahead..if you are behind to 2pr or flush you have lots of outs...any diamond or any 2,6,3, or king. you have 8 outs to a set.
River..well again..you now are behind only to a set or a flopeed flush..lead out!! if reraised you can decide between 3 bet and raise..but DO NOT FOLD
Brian

BriPlay
04-20-2005, 07:26 PM
nice breakdown of villains hand possibilities..
I need to be better at this
Thanks!
Brian

xenthebrain
04-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Why don't you cap with AK preflop? You should.
3-bet the turn and if he caps check/call the river. Else lead the river yourself and call a reraise.