PDA

View Full Version : New to SNG's did I handle this situation correctly?

zuluking
04-20-2005, 05:50 PM
10+1 Limit and there are 4 players left, level 5. Seat 5 is 3rd in chips, I'm in seat 6-2nd in chips, seat 7 is chip leader, seat 8 is VERY short stacked, only one orbit left for him. I notice that when seat 8 had the BB and seat 7 called, he (seat 8) auto-folded, meaning he was offline. Very next hand I get JJ, I fold and proceed to fold everyhand til seat 8 is blinded out on the next orbit.

Funny thing is, seat 5 didn't notice and played off his chips coming in 3rd right after we made the money. Anyway, correct play here for me? Comments appreciated as I'm still learning the SNG ways.

zuluking
04-21-2005, 06:57 AM
bump

Elektrik
04-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Your post is very confusing, and hard to understand. Try posting either the hand history directly, or preferably a converted version of it.

A common mistake of new SNG players is to not post stack sizes - those are also very relavent, particularly in level 5, and must be considered as a major factor in the hand.

As for your question with JJ, openfolding it four handed in level five is almost always a bad idea, regardless of your stack sizes and even the fact that another played is dc'ed. But there'd be a lot more helpful advice if we knew the exact situation.

zuluking
04-21-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your post is very confusing, and hard to understand. Try posting either the hand history directly, or preferably a converted version of it.

A common mistake of new SNG players is to not post stack sizes - those are also very relavent, particularly in level 5, and must be considered as a major factor in the hand.

As for your question with JJ, openfolding it four handed in level five is almost always a bad idea, regardless of your stack sizes and even the fact that another played is dc'ed. But there'd be a lot more helpful advice if we knew the exact situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Like I said, new to SNG's. I'll post the hand next time.

ripped
04-21-2005, 09:07 AM
You cant fold JJ 4 way. You must bang the hand preflop and see what flops and how many callers. With a hand as powerfull as JJ in 4 way action I think thats a huge mistake. I dont play 4way to just "make the money" I play it still to win.

Cleveland Guy
04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cant fold JJ 4 way. You must bang the hand preflop and see what flops and how many callers. With a hand as powerfull as JJ in 4 way action I think thats a huge mistake. I dont play 4way to just "make the money" I play it still to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is even worse in a Limit game, where if your stack is deep enough it's easy to slow down before too much money comes in the pot.

You should be trying to use the dead player to build your stack, not let it deplete.

Nottom
04-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Open folding Jacks is bad.

ripped
04-21-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is even worse in a Limit game, where if your stack is deep enough it's easy to slow down before too much money comes in the pot.

You should be trying to use the dead player to build your stack, not let it deplete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, Preflop bang it and unlike NL you can always fold the hand if something like AK flops. You dont have much invested in the hand so it's easy to toss.