PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, why did I wait so long

Sponger15SB
04-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I've got an hour to write the last 500 words of an essay commenting on the following sentane "the pope in the high medieval period was also a feudal lord".

This blows.

Sponger15SB
04-20-2005, 03:59 PM
And no, I am not taking 7th grade world history.

Western Civ 4B

istewart
04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
The care curve is concave down.

jgorham
04-20-2005, 04:01 PM
I post on 2+2 more during periods where I have some paper due by a factor of 10 or so. I feel your pain good sir.

TeeJayORTj
04-20-2005, 04:03 PM
I have been saying the same thing past few days. I sit on my computer the other day and had to hand in a 15-20 page paper today and have a 10 page one due tomorrow. I am just starting the 10 page one now..but damn this sucks. At least my topics are interesting, which cerinly makes things a lot easier

Sponger15SB
04-20-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I post on 2+2 more during periods where I have some paper due by a factor of 10 or so. I feel your pain good sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

I am happy to write that I am only 350 words away from being done. Also, I was able to spell the word hierarchical correctly on the first try.

Go me.

CORed
04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
OK, I'm in old fart mode again: You young punks don't know how good you have it writing papers on computers. Back in my college days, I had to chisel them on stone tablets ... Well that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I did have to do them on a typewriter. You could correct single letter errors with white-out or correction tape (you backspaced, inserted the tape, and retyped the letter, and it put white stuff over the letter, but for major changes, you had to retype the whole page. Usually you would do a "rough draft", where you tried to get you thoughts on paper, just X-ing out anything you wanted to change, and then did a final draft where you tried to spell everything right and make it look purty. Usually, you still ended up typing your final draft 2 or three times. It's much easier with a computer and word processing software.

Sponger15SB
04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least my topics are interesting, which cerinly makes things a lot easier

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I could write a 20 page paper on the most interesting thing in the world.

Sponger15SB
04-20-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm in old fart mode again: You young punks don't know how good you have it writing papers on computers. Back in my college days, I had to chisel them on stone tablets ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Life was a carnival! We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

tek
04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had to chisel them on stone tablets ... Well that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I did have to do them on a typewriter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the trusty old IBM Selectric. Still archaeic. Hiring someone to type my papers for $1 a page was +EV...

Tboner7
04-20-2005, 10:54 PM
If you are really desperate, try
http://www.essaytown.com/

I use it when I have a really hard paper to do. It can be expensive, but better than failing and retaking the class.

Alobar
04-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I thought this this was going to be a coming out story

Blarg
04-20-2005, 11:17 PM
You were able to type letters from a machine? When I was a kid, we had to hunt them in the deep forest one by one, and it took weeks just to round up enough for a paragraph. A bloody business it was, too. It took four grown men to hold just one of the thrashing, vicious bastards down on the page, and our blood was all the punctuation we needed. Many a limb was lost on the way to the honor roll, and it wasn't unheard of for whole villages to commit ritual suicide over a B-. Our village headman was burned alive for stealing an umlaut.

You kids have no idea how good you've got it.

Jack of Arcades
04-20-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were able to type letters from a machine? When I was a kid, we had to hunt them in the deep forest one by one, and it took weeks just to round up enough for a paragraph. A bloody business it was, too. It took four grown men to hold just one of the thrashing, vicious bastards down on the page, and our blood was all the punctuation we needed. Many a limb was lost on the way to the honor roll, and it wasn't unheard of for whole villages to commit ritual suicide over a B-. Our village headman was burned alive for stealing an umlaut.

You kids have no idea how good you've got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing to add, but this is so good it deserves to be repeated.