PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Birth Announcement Ever

Bill Murphy
04-20-2005, 03:35 PM
link (http://www.improving.org/ivy/)

kerssens
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
I guess that goes to show how unfunny birth announcements are.

istewart
04-20-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess that goes to show how unfunny birth announcements are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha.

youtalkfunny
04-21-2005, 01:53 AM
There's always some wise guy who replies, "That wasn't funny!"

I never write that, even if I don't think it was funny.

But not only do I not find this funny--I can't imagine which part was SUPPOSED to be funny.

Yobz
04-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Dude, no offense, but that is an ugly baby

"spaceman"Bryce
04-21-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] no its not...it wasnt funny though.

jason_t
04-21-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a baby that isn't ugly. I don't get the whole "that baby is cute" nonsense.

Daliman
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's always some wise guy who replies, "That wasn't funny!"

I never write that, even if I don't think it was funny.

But not only do I not find this funny--I can't imagine which part was SUPPOSED to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess more than a few people just have no sense of humor.

not the funniest ever, but funny.

Alobar
04-21-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a baby that isn't ugly. I don't get the whole "that baby is cute" nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

Gin 'n Tonic
04-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Quick Story - I'm working in a photographic shop, the guy from our film lab comes in with a framed photo of some kid to put on the counter to show off their new canvas printng service.

Me "It's a great service, but couldn't you have picked a better looking kid - I mean that child is seriously ugly. He looks like an axe murderer or something"

Him "That's my grandson"

*I'd like the earth to swallow me up now please*

"spaceman"Bryce
04-21-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quick Story - I'm working in a photographic shop, the guy from our film lab comes in with a framed photo of some kid to put on the counter to show off their new canvas printng service.

Me "It's a great service, but couldn't you have picked a better looking kid - I mean that child is seriously ugly. He looks like an axe murderer or something"

Him "That's my grandson"

*I'd like the earth to swallow me up now please*

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that sucks. so are you uncomfortable when ever you see him now?

-Skeme-
04-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Shoulda named the kid Judah Phillips as an homage to the beatdown Mel gave him.

Gin 'n Tonic
04-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Fortunately, this was a long time ago - it turned into a joke between us after a while. When he bought in a photo of some hot chick to promote another service I'm like "Don't tell me this is your girlfriend"

jakethebake
04-21-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like monkeys with their hair plucked out.

peachy
04-21-2005, 09:35 AM
it doesnt come up for me

kerssens
04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
I think is ridiculous to have a gimmick or "joke" in a birth announcement, let the kid have the spotlight. Apparently I was named after a soap opera character that my mom liked but if there was any mention in print than I'd have been force to kick my mom in the ear.

mmbt0ne
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
it doesnt come up for me

[/ QUOTE ]

ni moi

Bill Murphy
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think is ridiculous to have a gimmick or "joke" in a birth announcement, let the kid have the spotlight. Apparently I was named after a soap opera character that my mom liked but if there was any mention in print than I'd have been force to kick my mom in the ear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Paul really intended that "announcement"(blog entry actually) as a gimmick, nor his daughter's name as one.

The name coincidence and acerbicness(acerbity?) of the photo caption just struck me as funny at the time, esp. if you know Paul at all, but I admit its hardly a knee-slapper.

Got a little carried away w/the original post title; was in a bad mood when I saw it and it cheered me up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

astroglide
04-21-2005, 05:23 PM
good name!