PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich situations, bubble in PP $22's

otctrader
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
The correct action in these types of multiway situations still confuses me:

You're five handed in a PP $22 or your favorite low buyin variation, blinds 100/200, relevant stacks (you in BB and UTG) ~1400ish. You're in the BB with 97o, UTG limps (no reason to suspect monster from this particular character), and CO pushes for his last 410, folded back to you.

a) You read UTG as passive (<%25 he'll push when action comes back to him); what's the correct move with your 7xbb stack (pot 910:210, UTG yet to act)? How about with 12xbb or higher? If <4xbb I'm usually going to stop and go, correct me if I'm wrong.

b) Assuming the same read on UTG being passive, is it ever worth pushing here getting about 4:1 vs MP with UTG's dead money assuming he folds? Granted this assumption is a big "if" even with a passive read due to his position.

c) Put yourself in UTG's shoes with something like ATo (hideous limp of course). Action comes back to you after seeing BB complete. Instapush or see a flop?

Thanks

lastchance
04-20-2005, 01:30 PM
If I'm UTG, and I make a horrible call, of course I instant push. But then again, I don't suck.

If you can UTG to fold 90%+ of the time, I push. Otherwise, I make the laydown.